SC300TT

brn7y

That link was broken for me, but that is Clint's SC300TT, 765rwhps. It's eaten the 800hps HKS Supra, Hennessy Venom 500R Viper, RX7TT, Chevy Cyclone, Cobra Mustangs, etc... He's building an even faster, meaner SC300 powered by a T78 (?) single turbo. Over 1000hps projected. He's going to be in the One Lap of America Race featured by www.turboimports.com . He posts under the handle SC300TT at Club Lexus if you want ot contact him.

• 5 months later...

There are a number of SC300's with Supra TT engines, including mine. A bit milder, I wanted the ultimate street, not track car, and very happy with the 450+ HP. Happy to answer questions from anyone else considering such a swap. phil at fly-hawaii.com

• 4 months later...

No first hand experience with the 1jz. To get to 350 on the stock twins try a boost controller (manual or electric) with a bleeder or plain old shimming the gates. A front mount intercooler will allow for more boost. Stock fuel delivery will limit the amount of boost you may safely run. Maybe 14psi max? 350hp may be a reach without upgrading turbo. I'd recommend a single conversion. Check HKS for example. It will cost money. T04R would be nice. Of course, then you are way over 350hp and you will have lots of other upgraded items like exhaust manifold, feul system and management. The sky is the limit but with stock turbos, be ware they will break easy at higher boost.

Nice car, good luck.

The way i figure it, the car comes with around 260hp give or take 20 so if i put on a downpipe, put on a sports exaust and put on a blow off valve and electronic boost controller with one of those bypass chips for the fuel cut off. That might bring it up to around 350hp without costing me an arm and a leg. It would also make the car drivable for normal travel yet quick enough to kick most butt at a stop light B) ...what do you think?

From 260 to 350? Maybe - but you'll be stressing something. My guess is the turbos will be first to go. But your list sounds very adequate. Again, without much first hand experience, I can not say with confidence. The down pipe will help as well as freeing the exhaust up down the line - beware of emissions depending on your state. I don't know about the soarer but toyota uses a an abv on their turboed vehicles. It is basically a bov, but depending on the amount of boost you want to run you would want to change it out. I think you'll get close if not there like that - let us know how it works out.

Kick butt in style B)

AJ

Howdy! New member here stationed on okinawa. I love my little 2.5 twin turbo!

As far as the intake, I have found an HKS one over here for around a hundred bucks, and a single exhasut for around $580, I would much rather get the dual system, but we are talking a $1000 +!

Also, I am trying to find a good site for some decently priced aftermarket brake systems...any ideas?

Also, if any of you soarer woners have probs find parts, or they are japan only sourced, drop me an e-mail and we'll se what we can come up with!