94 Lexus Ls 400

Larry W

I need to purchase a rebuilt dash pod assembly. I've decided I can no longer handle the black gauge assembly being dark for 10 minutes of driving. My Lexus mechanic says this assembly is $2100 (new) at the dealer, but can be purchased rebuilt. Can someone please forward the website

for this company?

I also need a replacement key shell for my 94 LS. The kid at Autozone didn't know his own strength and he cracked the case. The website for Lexus keys no longer has the earlier key assemblies.

bba-reman.com is the name and they rebuild your unit. Had mine done 175 bux and they paid shipping both ways ! I couldnt find anyone that had rebuilt units.. Check out the website... Bobby

I need to purchase a rebuilt dash pod assembly. I've decided I can no longer handle the black gauge assembly being dark for 10 minutes of driving. My Lexus mechanic says this assembly is $2100 (new) at the dealer, but can be purchased rebuilt. Can someone please forward the website

for this company?

I also need a replacement key shell for my 94 LS. The kid at Autozone didn't know his own strength and he cracked the case. The website for Lexus keys no longer has the earlier key assemblies.

Save yourself alot of $$$$$$$$$$$. Remove the dash yourself (not hard, took me like 20 min) and remove the circut boards. Have the C212-16v/10uf(small board), C147-50v/10uf and C142-25v/4.7uf(big board) capacitors replaced. I got the capictors from an electonic supply store for like $5. I then took the boards to an electronic (TV, stereo) repair shop and had them replaced. The guy charged me like $50. $55 total to get my dash working like a charm.........

Save yourself alot of $$$$$$$$$$$. Remove the dash yourself (not hard, took me like 20 min) and remove the circut boards. Have the C212-16v/10uf(small board), C147-50v/10uf and C142-25v/4.7uf(big board) capacitors replaced. I got the capictors from an electonic supply store for like $5. I then took the boards to an electronic (TV, stereo) repair shop and had them replaced. The guy charged me like $50. $55 total to get my dash working like a charm.........

I think I'm going to remove the dash myself and do what you're recommending. Thanks. I'll update when the repair is complete.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to remove the dash myself and do what you're recommending. Thanks. I'll update when the repair is complete.

I just did this to my 94 LS400 today, worked like a charm! The capacitors cost 25 cents each at the local surplus store, it took about 20 minutes to remove from the car, 20 minutes to disassemble, 40 minutes to do the repair (being REALLY careful soldering), and 30 minutes to reassemble and reinstall.

Now, EVERYTHING works great, gauges, dimmer, fuel level, lights, everything. Total fix for less than a buck and 2 hours work.

DO NOT buy a replacement from Lexus, because it will come with the same junk capacitors that the original had, and you'll be back where you started in the not so distant future!

Hope yours goes as well as mine did. :cheers: