Recommendations For Shocks 2002 Ls430

HRP

Suggestions please.

Base 2002 LS430 with 100k needs rear shocks.

OEM or aftermarket. Suggestions, please.

Replace all 4 or just the 2 rears.

Commesnts and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

!Removed!

Just curious ... under what kind of conditions has this car been driven? Shocks on an LS and most fairly recent Toyota vehicles are "lifetime" and can last hundreds of thousands of miles unless your LS430 is a UL with air suspension. But if you have verified failure of the rear shocks, I would replace just those two with OEM shocks. The front ones could last "forever".

Suggestions please.

Base 2002 LS430 with 100k needs rear shocks.

OEM or aftermarket. Suggestions, please.

Replace all 4 or just the 2 rears.

Commesnts and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

!Removed!

I just had to replace my driver side front strut along with my upper control arm, but the rest where fine. If you can i would put an original stut back on, i dont know about them lasting forever because i've also replaced the hub assembly on the front driver side as well allwith in the past 6 months. So good luck!

Thanks, all.

I am dual posting on Club Lexus.

Are there Bilstein shocks for the LS430 (2002)?? Anyone used them???

I have been told by my dealer (during yesterday's state inspection) that the right rear shock is leaking and that I'm looking at around $700 to replace the 2 rear shocks. Fortunately, my eldest son is quite the mechanic in his free time, so he gets the first look for confirmation. Also, my tire and alignment shop (who does a much better alignment than the Lexus dealer and gives lifetime balance and rotation is going to recheck them also.

FYI, I'm 69, retired, and like a fairly stiff suspension. Our other cars are a 2001 Honda CR-V, 1991 Buick Reatta Convertible, and a 1977 Excalibur. In the mid - 70's I did take 2 years of auto mechanics at our local community college. I also am into detailing my own cars (I'm a Zaino Zealot)so the LS looks brand new. It has been driven around 12k/year, usually at 10+ miles trips and around town here in the South (Greensboro, N.C.) where our roads are good and well maintained. No off road driving. No hitting curbs, etc. Serviced every 5k and rotated and balanced and aligned every 5k (roughly 2-3x/year. Top of the lin Michelin A/S Tires kept at 38 lbs. I'd like a slightly stiffer shock than the OEM ones. I've got Monroe shocks/struts on my Excalibur and Buick Reatta.

Thanks again,

!Removed!