Remote Key Does Not Work Occasionally

mek88

Remote key does not work occasionally Have to unlock manually,remote then work

The remote key does not work occasionally on 99 RX300; have to unlock manually, remote then works.

Would welcome any comment on the cause of this problem.

Thanks

email: mek88@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I had same problem on my 99 and put new batteries in the keys to solve the problem. Purchased 2 batteries for about $7 at Longs.

Can you tell me where you purchased the battery? I've been searching everywhere...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

How do you open the key unit to replace the battery? Sounds dumb, but I do not see anyway to open it? I see one little phillips head screw at the bottom near where the actual metal (cut part of the key that goes in the ignition) comes out of the "fob" part of the key. I assume you remove that, is that the only fastner that must be removed to gain access to the battery compartment?

Thans in advance,

John

• 3 weeks later...

My RX300 is of 2001 model. The remote key stopped responding today. It gives a feeble beep when UNLOCK is pressed, but did not unlock. So I tried to open with the master key. The key turned, but it did not unlock. I am not sure if it is due to dying battey or some electronic disable !

Anybody with this experience, and possible solution - please post.

thx

• 11 years later...

Remote key does not work occasionally Have to unlock manually,remote then work

The remote key does not work occasionally on 99 RX300; have to unlock manually, remote then works.

Would welcome any comment on the cause of this problem.

Thanks

email: mek88@yahoo.com

Hi,

My RX300/2005 started the same problem recently. First I changed the battery, and it worked few times. Then problem started again. I used the remote key from different locations around the car and found it works always near the rear door handle. It was much better if you touch the key blade with the rear door handle (left or right) and then press.

Thank god my wife is happy now.

The most frequent place I've found is for the antenna mounted just below the bottom of the wind shield, then run along the space just under the space where the hood starts to form a upward bend at the very bottom of the windshields placement.

The antenna for all practical purposes, should not move at all, but stranger things have happened. For example. Here in Iowa we frequently have snow which gets under the windshield wipers and people go at it with a big scraper which ruins the wiper blade and the owner will take his scraper and jam it all the way down under the wiper mount and fire wall top. This ruins more parts than you can imagine.

I hope I've been able to give you a road map to follow but if I have written plain gibberish let me know.

Paul