Es 350 What Is A Good Price.

pj8708

Oh and for the tires, mine has the Bridgestones and they are just okay. They're very smooth, but they do have some low speed road noise that you don't have on the Michelins.

They don't do Primacys from the factory, but they do the MXV4 S8 which is not as good a tire as the Primacy, but better than the Bridgestone.

The Bridgestones also have a ...terrbile 240 treadwear rating and the Michelins are 440, so if the car you get doesn't have the Michelins, try and get them to swap. I picked mine up in the dark and the rain the day I got back from vacation and I didn't think to look until the next day and they wouldn't do a warranty swap after the fact. They're not so bad, but if I really threw a fit I bet they'd swap them for Michelins.

Steve, Since you were so helpful here can you please look at my question. "Help - Caliper Noise" I posted this August 31. I did get a reply from another viewer but will you look at it too. You may have some input and I should have said Brake Noise, I don't know. You may have already seen it. Thx

• 1 month later...

Actually it is incredibly rare to see an ES with the ML audio that does not have the UL package. I have never seen one. Mine has the nav, but no ML and the MSRP was $41,215. Are you sure it has the ML audio?

I drove a few ULs with the ML audio, I actually prefer the base audio...but its not great.

I paid $35,000 for mine, so thats $6,215 off of MSRP. They used two of the Golden Opportunity $500 coupons to get me that price. I think I got about the absolute lowest price they could do and still make money. Invoice is about $36,500, so I was $1,500 or so under invoice. Lexus has a holdback of 2% of base MSRP, so thats $703.50, so they could sell the $41,215 car to you for $36,000 using no coupons and still make a tiny profit. Towards the end of a month a volume dealer will do that to get the unit. Dealers only got so many coupons, so you may have to shop for one who has them.

Are you paying cash or financing? They have 1.9% for 60 months now.

If I were you I would take your 330 out of the equation and deal just on the 350, then introduce the 330 back in. Got a carmax anywhere nearby? I'd take the 330 there and get a quote. Its too hard to know if thats a good deal on the 350...

BUT, a $2,000 drop in MSRP is terrible. The opening offer I got from a dealer with no effort at all was $37,500...so thats $3,715 off. UNLESS, they are giving you high end on the trade...which is why you should take it out of the negotiation for now.

Bear in mind that the 2011's come out next month...the last shipments of 2010s have sailed...

Is there anything you don't know???

I made a slip in not stating that the car I looked at was a UL, but the salesperson wasn't sure if you had to buy both the Nav and the M/L or if they could be seperate. I don't want the UL and I wasn't initially impressed with the Mark Levinson. I wonder if with the use of some replacement speakers and a amplifier and small sub I already have in my 330, I could improve the 350 base unit to a respectable level.

I found a website from Edmunds that is a chat board for current Lexus buyers. Most post show numbers just like you quoted. As recent as yesterday people had bought 350's for 36K to 35K and there from Phoenix, D.C. and Chicago. Living in a small metro area with only one Lexus dealer within 100 miles, the dealer has little incentive to bargin in an aggresive manner.

The thing that is bugging me the most is even if I can get the price I need should I wait for the 2011 and end up perhaps getting a better deal on a remaining 2010 or get a brand new 2011. But, the 2011 probably wont have anything new to offer would it?

And the beat goes on....

Thanks very much,

Paul

I have a similar problem. To get the ML audio system, you have to get the upgraded Navigation sytem, option VN. You can only get VN if you also have the UL option. In my area, you basically get three choices, Level I, Level II, or Level III. Those pre-packaged deals are mandated by the region. There are some exceptions that the dealers can order a demo that crosses some lines. ML doesn't com on one of those demos.

Got a quote on a 2010 ES350 with UL/ML for $37,264 plus $599 doc fee. Is that in the range I should expect?