Vibration In Floor On Drivers Side

fhansen

I have a 2008 GX470 with a vibration in the floor on the drivers side that annoys the h*** out of me. It isn't related to vehicle speed or engine speed although the dealer blames it on the tires which I replaced anyway. I wouldn't even call it a vibration, it is more of a resonance. It feels like a thousand bees in a plastic bag trying to get out. I can feel it through the gas pedal, brake pedal and floor board. It gets better and worse for no apparent reason.

I don't know if that makes sense but I am about ready to sell the thing if I can't figure it out. Has anyone else had a problem like this and if so what was the cause?

I have a 2008 GX470 with a vibration in the floor on the drivers side that annoys the h*** out of me. It isn't related to vehicle speed or engine speed although the dealer blames it on the tires which I replaced anyway. I wouldn't even call it a vibration, it is more of a resonance. It feels like a thousand bees in a plastic bag trying to get out. I can feel it through the gas pedal, brake pedal and floor board. It gets better and worse for no apparent reason.

I don't know if that makes sense but I am about ready to sell the thing if I can't figure it out. Has anyone else had a problem like this and if so what was the cause?

There is a bulletin from Lexus that have a drone sound/ vibration from the differential on years 03 to 08 covered under warranty under 70 k miles. They install a dynamic differential damper, check the site under drone sound/ mann has some bulletins posted. Good Luck on the repair/ check with your dealer.

There is a bulletin from Lexus that have a drone sound/ vibration from the differential on years 03 to 08 covered under warranty under 70 k miles. They install a dynamic differential damper, check the site under drone sound/ mann has some bulletins posted. Good Luck on the repair/ check with your dealer.

The TSB for the vibration on the GX470 was different though. Don't quote me on this, but I had this problem come up on my GX after the dealership tried fixing the CLUNK issue. The vibration came from the steering wheel when you are driving around 60-70mph, 2000-2500 rpm.

As far as the original poster's complaint, I don't quite understand where this vibration or sound is coming from. Does it consistently happen even with different road conditions? Sometimes the type of asphalt or cement may cause vibration or "noise" to come from the car.