Lexus Is350

Hey guys I recently bought a 2008 Lexus IS350 (blk on blk loaded) and its been fun and all to drive but im not sure if im getting 10-14mpg because im a 16 year old driver or if theres some mechanical issue in the engine. I did check the online recall thing and confirmed with Lexus that my model is part of the voluntary recall for some small spring in the engine that causes irregular sounds? I was wondering if anyone could let me know if im doing something wrong is my car doing something wrong...and also when i turn traction control off and over steer into a corner and cut back alarms still go off about my cars yaw readings and traction control magically turns back on and corrects it????? Thanks for the help fellow Lexus fans!

PS. post some 0-60 times on these babies i wanna see how mines is doing compared to others!

Back when I first got mine I used to average around 19mpg, sometimes less. It's just hard not to use that HP. Now that I'm older and the novelty has worn off I average 23 mpg. That's around the lifetime average too. I'm not sure if the valve spring recall is affecting your fuel economy because mine is slated to be replaced too. Regarding the traction control; the traction control button only controls wheel spin. Above 20 mph mine turns back on. There is a larger system called VDIM in which traction control is only one component. VDIM monitors more than just wheel-spin. On my model, pre-2008 i think, disabling VDIM required a "pedal dance" on each start-up. On your model holding down the traction control button for around 5 sec disables the VDIM until you shut off the car. Be warned though, the car is a different beast when VDIM is disabled. You develop a false sense of security when you always have it on. You will be able to spin the wheels to your hearts content, and even spin the car out. Zero-to-60 times are not accuratly measured without the proper equipment. Typical times are around 5.2 sec. I've seen 1/4 mile times from 13.5 to 14.5 with an experienced driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Back when I first got mine I used to average around 19mpg, sometimes less. It's just hard not to use that HP. Now that I'm older and the novelty has worn off I average 23 mpg. That's around the lifetime average too. I'm not sure if the valve spring recall is affecting your fuel economy because mine is slated to be replaced too. Regarding the traction control; the traction control button only controls wheel spin. Above 20 mph mine turns back on. There is a larger system called VDIM in which traction control is only one component. VDIM monitors more than just wheel-spin. On my model, pre-2008 i think, disabling VDIM required a "pedal dance" on each start-up. On your model holding down the traction control button for around 5 sec disables the VDIM until you shut off the car. Be warned though, the car is a different beast when VDIM is disabled. You develop a false sense of security when you always have it on. You will be able to spin the wheels to your hearts content, and even spin the car out. Zero-to-60 times are not accuratly measured without the proper equipment. Typical times are around 5.2 sec. I've seen 1/4 mile times from 13.5 to 14.5 with an experienced driver.

Yeah i think my low mpg's might be the fact that i may really have low air in my tires i always thought it was the system just bieng trippy but it would possibly explain why i get 16 mpg if i drive conservatively