1999 Ls400 Actuator (Door Lock) Repair

billydpowell

my 99LS drivers door lock would not work with the remote (on key) or the button on the door, the other three would operate with button or fob.

I found one at a salvage yard today, and went to install it and my nephew checked the old one out, AND IT WORKED. put the new one in and it would not work. he checked it out and found the contact points were "burned" covered with black, cleaned them off and both motors work now.

maybe this will help someone else out, I hope so. good luck..

on the photo below, (this dosent look like my 99 unit, just an example) the two copper contacts (on mine) was blackened, we cleaned them, and it works... this might not fix anyone but mine... but it did fix mine... before he cleaned mine, he tested the motor out of the case, at the battery. and it ran strong, both directions... check yours out before you throw it away...

post-5365-128149568191_thumb.jpg

on the photo below, (this dosent look like my 99 unit, just an example) the two copper contacts (on mine) was blackened, we cleaned them, and it works... this might not fix anyone but mine... but it did fix mine... before he cleaned mine, he tested the motor out of the case, at the battery. and it ran strong, both directions... check yours out before you throw it away...

thanks man im going to try this because it happens to all my doors they work and then they don't its weird

• 1 month later...

thanks man im going to try this because it happens to all my doors they work and then they don't its weird

man i spent all day doing this just getting and then finding out theres no copper contacts on a 95 ls400 that tiny motor is just soidered to wires.

man i spent all day doing this just getting and then finding out theres no copper contacts on a 95 ls400 that tiny motor is just soidered to wires.

YES, motor is soldered in, contacts are on the drive wheel.. we melted the solder and took the motor out and tested it, and it worked, then we saw the blackened copper contacts and cleaned them off, put the motor back in, and it worked, and is still working today.

Sorry I didnt make myself more clear....

blow the photo up and you can see the copper contacts..

post-5365-128490421611_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have an 04 LS 430 and the front passenger door actuator went out a few weeks ago. It still locks perfectly fine manually but I was thinking about getting it fixed until I went to the dealer and they told me how much the part and labor was.

I just have one question. Was it pretty easy taking apart the door? I am just afraid I will try to do something like this on my own and I will break something else while in the process of fixing it.

I have an 04 LS 430 and the front passenger door actuator went out a few weeks ago. It still locks perfectly fine manually but I was thinking about getting it fixed until I went to the dealer and they told me how much the part and labor was.

I just have one question. Was it pretty easy taking apart the door? I am just afraid I will try to do something like this on my own and I will break something else while in the process of fixing it.

I have never taken a 430 door apart, but it would not scare me out of doing it... I always figured "someone" put it together so I should be able to take it apart. you might search for help in taking the door apart, and I assume the door lock actuators are simular, so go for it..

my rule of thumb is "dont FORCE anything" it will come out...

There is a tutorial on www/lexls/com relating to the door panel removal on the earlier model there will be some differences but it will explain the basic process.

YES, I used it as a guide, hear that? guide, there are differences, but this will help you:

Here is the link: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/

ALSO: here is yamae fixing his.. http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/mae_yas/1405005.html