Guage Cluster Swap...

I have found a soarer that is being parted in my city and i am using it to replace a few broken bits in the car. The current Lexus guage cluster is begining to die (needle lights are dying) I then got an idea to snag the digital guage cluster off of the Soarer and replace it for the one Ihavenow... would it be possibe to simply remove the exsisting guage and plug the Soarer one in? Or will it be a much more difficult process...?

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a soarer that is being parted in my city and i am using it to replace a few broken bits in the car. The current Lexus guage cluster is begining to die (needle lights are dying) I then got an idea to snag the digital guage cluster off of the Soarer and replace it for the one Ihavenow... would it be possibe to simply remove the exsisting guage and plug the Soarer one in? Or will it be a much more difficult process...?

You might save yourself some time, money, and agony muckin' about swapping out an unknown cluster when there is a great source for new needles and backlighting for the Lexus dash cluster gauges. Check out Lextech Lighting. Pick your choice of needle colors, backlighting colors, etc. I've used the same guys twice now in 12 years. Needle set runs about $100 and backlighting around $30. You pull out the cluster and send it to them. Turnatound time is about 5 days. AND, you don't have to dis-assemble the cluster. Cluster will be better than new because they replace with LEDs that are bright and last "forever". Worth checking out before you find yourself knee deep in wires and needing a big shoehorn to get the foreign cluster into a very small, tightly designed space.

http://www.lextech.org/osCommerce/

Best of luck

• 11 months later...

You might save yourself some time, money, and agony muckin' about swapping out an unknown cluster when there is a great source for new needles and backlighting for the Lexus dash cluster gauges. Check out Lextech Lighting. Pick your choice of needle colors, backlighting colors, etc. I've used the same guys twice now in 12 years. Needle set runs about $100 and backlighting around $30. You pull out the cluster and send it to them. Turnatound time is about 5 days. AND, you don't have to dis-assemble the cluster. Cluster will be better than new because they replace with LEDs that are bright and last "forever". Worth checking out before you find yourself knee deep in wires and needing a big shoehorn to get the foreign cluster into a very small, tightly designed space.

http://www.lextech.org/osCommerce/

Best of luck

GREAT FIND! I'LL CONTACT THEM. THANK YOU

WALDOBIRD

Swapping will change the odometer reading to match the new cluster... Here in the US, that's illegal.

Actually, it's not illegal but you do have to document the change. To swap and not document it, that would be illegal..

• 2 weeks later...

Swapping will change the odometer reading to match the new cluster... Here in the US, that's illegal.

Actually, it's not illegal but you do have to document the change. To swap and not document it, that would be illegal..

Then i'm guilty!

No one will know, just you. Go for it and just hope you don't need to get a new inspection sticker, as they'll notice the decrease in mileage. :wacko:

I have another Issue could use some advice, I switch fuel needle and temp needle on my 1992 Sc400, now fuel gauge just goes up just alittle below 1/2 tank and wont move, and temp gauge goes up 3/4 the way and motor not running hot its been checked any one have any ideas. a mechanic said the fuel gauge motor need replaced and that over $300 just for the motor. appreciate any help

I have another Issue could use some advice, I switch fuel needle and temp needle on my 1992 Sc400, now fuel gauge just goes up just alittle below 1/2 tank and wont move, and temp gauge goes up 3/4 the way and motor not running hot its been checked any one have any ideas. a mechanic said the fuel gauge motor need replaced and that over $300 just for the motor. appreciate any help

i replied to your other post about the issue <_<