Rx 350 Front Bumper Repair-Thoughts?

Hi - I am really not a "car-person" so any thoughts you have are appreciated! I totally misjudged the width of the RX 350 and my garage last night and really scraped the right side of my front bumper. Its clearly going to need to be replaced. In an effort to not get totally ripped off, what should I prepare for in terms of fees and time. Suggestions on where to go?

THANK YOU!

Hi - I am really not a "car-person" so any thoughts you have are appreciated! I totally misjudged the width of the RX 350 and my garage last night and really scraped the right side of my front bumper. Its clearly going to need to be replaced. In an effort to not get totally ripped off, what should I prepare for in terms of fees and time. Suggestions on where to go?

THANK YOU!

Get the bumper from here for $242.40

http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.cfm?action=getPartLocator&siteid=2&chapter=ARB8914&sectionids=0,2276&groupid=51817&subgroupid=2278&componentid=66008&makeid=20&model=RX%20350&year=2010&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

then take it to a body shop to have it painted, probably another $200-$250.

Its clearly going to need to be replaced.

Based on your self admittance as "not a car" person. And after reading your post, and your description of what happened I would be very surprised if you actually have to have it replaced. There is no harm in getting an estimate from your local reputable body shop. If at the end of the day they also say that it needs to be replaced, then atlas you have done your due diligence...

My gut tells me that there is a cheaper option for you...