1990 Ls 400 Passenger Seat Removal

jeffs1990ls400

Hi

I am a newbie. I just bought my first LS400. This is my 3rd lexus but first older one.

The previous owner had sheepskin seat covers and got a string caught up in the winding of the power sear gearing on the passenger side.

Now the motor tries to move the seat but its bound up.

I looked underneith the seat and dont see how to remove it so I can get to the intanglement.

Any help on how to remove the seat would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

take a flatblade screwdriver and pop off the 4 plastic covers at the end of each seat tract. THEN take the four bolts out that holds the seat into the car. easy if you can move the seat forward and backward far enough to get them with a socket, harder if you cant, but can still be done, THEN lean the seat backward and take a look at the problem, and tell us how you FIXED it... photos will help those of us who are a little slow mentalty.... smile.

take a flatblade screwdriver and pop off the 4 plastic covers at the end of each seat tract. THEN take the four bolts out that holds the seat into the car. easy if you can move the seat forward and backward far enough to get them with a socket, harder if you cant, but can still be done, THEN lean the seat backward and take a look at the problem, and tell us how you FIXED it... photos will help those of us who are a little slow mentalty.... smile.

I don't know if you have a different car than me but there are no plastic covers and the ends of the seat tracts and no bolts.

Any photos of what you are talking about would be helpful. Thanks

I don't know if you have a different car than me but there are no plastic covers and the ends of the seat tracts and no bolts.

Any photos of what you are talking about would be helpful. Thanks

So how do you think the seats are secured, pixie dust? The 1st generation seats are all the same and mounted the same, there is a plastic cover at each far corner, the mounting feet as they're called, snap it off and there's nuts on the front two mounting points (though the stud they're threaded on sometimes comes out too) and bolts in the rear. 14mm head, M10x.125 pitch. When the seat jams as you mentioned you can remove the front two then lean it back slightly to get underneath and get the offending debris out, it's possible to remove the rears but you'll have to use a wrench with low clearance.