Trunk Lock

dhawke

I have a 2002 LS430 with a trunk lock problem. When I push the trunk button on my key or I pull the trunk lever located near the hood and gas tank levers on the dash all I hear is a cycling of the trunk mechanism located in the trunk lid. The trunk does not open unless you are lifting the trunk lid during one of the 3 cycles the trunk lid actuator. I replaced the $500.00 actuator but the same problem. Does any one have any solutions? I would appreciate the help.

In my 95 there is a Striker Assembly that is spring loaded to apply upward pressure on the trunk when it's released. I don't know if your 430 has that but if so, my guess it that the spring is broken or has come loose or something to that effect.

My guess is that spring or the 2 gas struts have lost their charge and are not forceful enough to lift the trunk. I had the latter occur in the hood of a Ferrari.

The gas struts are new, I ordered a new striker assemble and will try that $32.00 compared to the trunk actuator I replaced at $500.00+. I will let you know if that fixed it if not if anyone else has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate the advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Did you ever find a solution? I hace replaced the striker and tried 4 actuators and still my trunk lock cycles 3 times and stops. I have to either be lifting or holding the trunk down to get the latch to lock or unlock