Driver Side Ac Not Cooling, Passenger Side Ok

Micrho

I have a 2004 Lexus ES330 with 129k miles on it. I live in Houston, so it's HOT! Recently, the driver side A/C vents started blowing warm air (like would blow when the A/C is off), while the passenger side vents continue to blow cool air. The left middle vent and driver side door vent are warm, while the right middle vent and passenger side air vent blows cool.

Any ideas what this could be? I would like to have an idea before I take it in. I like this car and I'm not ready for them to tell me my A/C has died!

I have a 2004 Lexus ES330 with 129k miles on it. I live in Houston, so it's HOT! Recently, the driver side A/C vents started blowing warm air (like would blow when the A/C is off), while the passenger side vents continue to blow cool air. The left middle vent and driver side door vent are warm, while the right middle vent and passenger side air vent blows cool.

Any ideas what this could be? I would like to have an idea before I take it in. I like this car and I'm not ready for them to tell me my A/C has die

i doubt your air cond needs a lot of work, sounds like the vents that are vacum operated are not working properly on the drivers side.shouldnt be a big job

fergi

I agree with fergi. This is pretty common in many cars and trucks. The HACV system doors are either motor or vacuum operated, depending on the manufacturer of the vehicle. In your case one of the doors is not moving to redirect the cool air out the proper vent. That means the door mechanism is broken, the motor has gone south, or the vacuum system has lost vacuum due to a leaking O ring or split hose.

While none of these issues is big money in parts, it may be big money in labour, depending on how much of the dash needs to be removed in order to get at the problem. Then again, it may just take a few minutes. Good Luck!