Side Mirror Glass Replacement Help

I bought a burco mirror glass replacement for my passenger side mirror. But i don't know how to install it. It say to break the glass out but i have heated mirrors so i don't know if i need to take the insert out and then replace. If some one has experience i really need some help. I can't seem to get it to come off the little motor inside the mirror housing.

thanks for any help and/or diagrams in advance.

sorry if there is a another topic on this, i searched but couldn't find it.

thanks so much

josh

I bought a burco mirror glass replacement for my passenger side mirror. But i don't know how to install it. It say to break the glass out but i have heated mirrors so i don't know if i need to take the insert out and then replace. If some one has experience i really need some help. I can't seem to get it to come off the little motor inside the mirror housing.

thanks for any help and/or diagrams in advance.

sorry if there is a another topic on this, i searched but couldn't find it.

thanks so much

josh

I recently removed the side mirror glass to install LED mirror covers. Don't break the glass! There are 3 connectors: one for the dimming feature (blue arrow), two for the heater wires (yellow arrow). There are 4 plastic clips (red arrows) and white paste holding the mirror to the motor mounts inside. Adjust the mirror all the way up with the controls, then pry from the bottom (with your fingers) to release the glass from the 2 white plastic clips on the bottom. It will hang by the 2 top hinge-style clips, then you can swing it out from the bottom and unhook the top clips. Then remove the connectors and do the reverse for the new glass. Be sure the two metal leaf springs go into their slots when reinstalling. It took some manipulation of the mirror angle to get this right. Hopefully your new glass has the same connectors as the original glass.

post-115637-128114286625_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
I recently removed the side mirror glass to install LED mirror covers. Don't break the glass! There are 3 connectors: one for the dimming feature (blue arrow), two for the heater wires (yellow arrow). There are 4 plastic clips (red arrows) and white paste holding the mirror to the motor mounts inside. Adjust the mirror all the way up with the controls, then pry from the bottom (with your fingers) to release the glass from the 2 white plastic clips on the bottom. It will hang by the 2 top hinge-style clips, then you can swing it out from the bottom and unhook the top clips. Then remove the connectors and do the reverse for the new glass. Be sure the two metal leaf springs go into their slots when reinstalling. It took some manipulation of the mirror angle to get this right. Hopefully your new glass has the same connectors as the original glass.

Thank you so much. This has been very useful.

Regards.

• 4 months later...

Hello, a turkey flew up I hit my garage door as I was reversing and now I need to replace the mirror. The case and the positioning gear looks intact but the glass needs to be replaced. Reading these fora I concluded that a similar glass (with heating and self-dimming) would cost upwards of 200USD, thus my best bet is an OEM replacement.

I very much like (the price of) the burco mirrors referred by the op, but I only found their "7-15/16" Dg.Electrochromic Fit Over" for the rx400h. This is a "Fit Over" meaning I should glue it on top of the broken mirror. I guess I would use urethane liquid glue so that the heating will propagate through the layers of glass -- to some extent at least. But self-dimming? Tis is an "electrochromatic" fit-over, but apparently no wiring is necessary, how is it powered then?

The op also says he is instructed to break out the original mirror. This Fit-Over needs the original mirror to stay in place, what Burco did he possibly have?

Any help would be much appreciated!