How Many Miles On Your Gx? Any Problems?

mkfromvlad

We own 2006 GX470 with 52k ml. My wife drives it. No any problems.

Looking for one for myself. Got good offer on 2006 with 90k ml.

Interesting for opinion of owners of GX470 with high millage.

Any problems after 100k, 150k ml?

I have a 2005 GX470 with almost 90K and I have it in the shop now. Leak in manifold, drive shaft something (it made a clunk noise when stopping) and replacing the backup camera which looked like a negitive picture. Also had some paint come off of the hood the other day when I was washing it.

• 2 weeks later...

We own 2006 GX470 with 52k ml. My wife drives it. No any problems.

Looking for one for myself. Got good offer on 2006 with 90k ml.

Interesting for opinion of owners of GX470 with high millage.

Any problems after 100k, 150k ml?

I have a 2005 GX470 with almost 90K and I have it in the shop now. Leak in manifold, drive shaft something (it made a clunk noise when stopping) and replacing the backup camera which looked like a negitive picture. Also had some paint come off of the hood the other day when I was washing it.

What color GX do you have?

Wish I could answer this question but since we've acquired a couple more cars in the garage, the mileage on my GX hasn't gone up yet. I only have 58k on my 03 GX and I've had my baby since January 2003.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

115k on 2004 with KDSS.

Problems had: leaky radiator, drive shaft thump, car was leaning to the right and mirror motors. Most of the problems fixed while under warranty. I did mirrors myself since student mechanic wanted to replace the whole unit and was insisting on taking the door apart, quick talk to manager solved his intensions and parts were on my passenger seat when I picked the car from dealer.

If vehicle you are looking to buy has KDSS look for body lean. Also make sure you feel no thump when releasing brake from stop. Other than those birth deficiencies (as my dealer calls them) it is a good car.

• 1 month later...

my dads 2003 has not had any problems yet he only has 240,000 miles on though :)

You gotta be serious. 240K miles? My 04 model has about 103K. I hope my rig will last this long. Despite the common problems people have, its still fine rig.

• 9 months later...

119000 on my wife's '03. Had 63000 miles on it when we got it 3 1/2 years ago. Right now I need to change an O2 sensor, nothing else since we have owned it. All the "clunk" issues fixed and the air ride compressor were previously replaced.

• 8 months later...

drive shaft thump, they warrentied the fix for me. I've got 101,000 miles I love this truck the only thing I've replace that wasn't normal maintance was at 99,000 mile I had to replace my 2 front rotors, I couldn't believe they don't have the tools to rebuild them. When I was a auto tech we rebuit everything even water pumps on Caddies and relined brake shoes, all these guys do today is replace parts.

• 3 months later...

Third owner with over 170K and still running strong. No major issues, and we have put about 80K miles on it. Rear airbag failed so I converted to coilovers to eliminate costly sensor issues. Seems to go through rear brakes quickly over the last 50K miles, but we do live in the hills. Minus the gas mileage, it's been great and very reliable. Now basically sticking to the oil changes and tire rotations every 5K.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

2003GX470....170K miles.

No issue up to 160K. Great and Very Reliable!!!!

Recently:

1- rear door sensor sticks and alarms during really cold weather.

2- VSC/ VSC Trac Off/ Check Engine light on. (Replaced gas cap...still trying to solve this problem)

3- Speedometer stop working @170Kmiles.

(Speed Sensor)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had my gx470 since new june 2007...all that I can say is that this is probably my favorite vehicle that I have ever owned...it has operated without any and I repeat any problems at all..I have 58000 miles on it now and take care of it service wise very well ...change oil every 2000 to 3000 miles and other services as needed..color is pearl with champagne interior...she runs quietly and reliably...Ihope to keep this truck for another 5 years at least...all I can say in closure is that I wish that I could have and would have bought 2 ...MAN WHAT A TRUCK!!!

• 9 months later...

2007 GX 470 136,000 miles runs and looks great. Had the drive shaft replaced due to the thump and the dashboard replaced under warranty. Only normal wear items I have replaced tires,brakes, battery and a few light bulbs. I use Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and differential Royal Purple gear oil. The car averages 17 MPG and cruises well on the highway.

Update: 141K miles replaced alternator. GX470 runs perfect and is garage kept.

2007 GX 470 136,000 miles runs and looks great. Had the drive shaft replaced due to the thump and the dashboard replaced under warranty. Only normal wear items I have replaced tires,brakes, battery and a few light bulbs. I use Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and differential Royal Purple gear oil. The car averages 17 MPG and cruises well on the highway.

Bob, I would suggest replacing your timing belt asap, unless you forgot to mention it or you're giving up on it.

I have now little over 300K miles on the clock, had the wheels powder coated to bring her back to full beauty.

I bought it with broken timing belt & bent valves, previous owner neglected this important maintenance item and he had to sell it when dealer quote for repair was $6,000 (new engine or repair his original).

Definitely the best car I owned so far!

I recently had to replace or I should say have my dealer replace my alternator.. My GX 470 is a 2007 and I now have 62,000 miles on it I've had no problems at all with my GX other than my water pump replaced at about 34,000 miles I consider my GX to be probably the best vehicle I have ever owned it runs smooth and quiet and is extremely reliable my color blizzard pearl people have told me they can't believe its a 2007.. I guess mainly because I really baby it..plus I guess now that Im 69 years old I dont drive anything like I did at 29..I use only Sunoco ultra gas and I have the oil changed every 2000 miles or so..Iwant to keep this baby running as long as possible!..come to think of it I could say the same about myself.

Great vehicle for sure.

Bob, I would suggest replacing your timing belt asap, unless you forgot to mention it or you're giving up on it.

I have now little over 300K miles on the clock, had the wheels powder coated to bring her back to full beauty.

I bought it with broken timing belt & bent valves, previous owner neglected this important maintenance item and he had to sell it when dealer quote for repair was $6,000 (new engine or repair his original).

Definitely the best car I owned so far!

Forgot to post: at 86,000 miles I replaced the timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, thermostat, belt tensioners, flushed the coolant, world standard transmission fluid, spark plugs and wires. air cleaner and cabin filter every year. How did your powder coated wheels turn out? factory color?

Little darker than originals but I picked the color and it was only $250 for set of four.

They are not perfect since the oxidation pitting was too deep if few spots to clean out but I'm happy.

Would you guess 300K miles the way she looks?

post-132313-0-53204500-1442030333_thumb.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We have 280,000+ miles on our 2004 model. It has been superlative! We did have the oxidation problem but our dealer sent it to a third party for re-coating. We also have replaced every single door lock mechanism. Everything else has been routine maintenance!