Micheal Moore "capitalism"

nc211

I'm watching this movie for the first time...expect comments from me... "I'm stunned and feel guilty" I'm a white collar republican "last one one here to ever fly the "W" Avatar"....

I've got to say fellas, it's a really good movie! It's like taking an economics class, only entertainingly so. Granted, it's slanted against Wall Street and the Republicans (no suprise there, it is Micheal Moore after all), but he certainly makes some pretty solid points about the tax benefits and such. I'm a repulican, I'm a white colar guy who makes money off of money. I'm quite fortunate in my life style ability. But this movie does make a guy like me think about some things. It's running free on Starz On-Demand this month. If you haven't seen it, I would certainly recommend it. You just have to ignore his "Bush is the root of all evil" and Wall STreet is nothing but a bunch of bank robbers slant. He not 100% wrong on that, but he's not 100% right either (although he won't suggest otherwise).

You know it is funny I started to watch this movie...but I just don't know if I can. My blood pressure is getting higher just thinking about watching it. The whole system is screwed up... :chairshot: and Michael Moore well is Michael Moore.

Personally I've always found his movies pretty fun to watch. Have you seen the one on healthcare? He takes a bunch of poor sick people to the only place in the US with universal health care...Guantonimo Bay. When they wouldn't let him and his little motorboat get close he took them to a Cuban port...where they were given treatment for free and all the medicine they wanted for like a nickel. Pretty funny LOL

My favorite scene is when he's in a French hospital looking for the place you "pay" when you leave. He keeps asking where you pay and everyone looks at him like he's an idiot "We don't pay..." then he finds a window with "CASHIER" written over it and says "Hey, here it is!" no, the CASHIER reimburses the patients for the cost of getting to the hospital if they did not come by ambulance. The cashier gives OUT money.

I haven't seen the capitalism one...I'll check it out.

Two sides to every story, but he is a funny and smart guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've watched "Super Size Me" and the health care one too. I don't know, it's a valid point of view if nothing else. I liked em. I haven't seen the economics one yet, but I'm sure I will.

The health care one I thought was great actually.