Replacing '02~'05 Tail Lights With '06~'10 Tail Lights

coolwater

Hello.

I am thinking about buying another Lexus--either '02 or '03 SC430. I guess my first concern is how to replace the older design ('02~'05) tail lights with the newer design ('06~'10) tail lights. Can this be done with OEM(I doubt it) or aftermarket parts?

post-10299-128102124491_thumb.jpg

post-10299-128102125987_thumb.jpg

You may need to do some re-wiring but it can 100% be done. If the LED tails of the 06+ SC are anything like the LED tails of the Rx400h (which i bet they are) then the LED tails work on 12V just like the 02-05 bulb tails.

You may need to do some re-wiring but it can 100% be done. If the LED tails of the 06+ SC are anything like the LED tails of the Rx400h (which i bet they are) then the LED tails work on 12V just like the 02-05 bulb tails.

Thank you for your reply. That sounds good.

Now, I am also hoping that the oem '06+ SC430 tail lights--the entire housing--are the exact same size and dimention of the '02~'05 tail lights. Any luck?

Yes its a straight swap. You do need the later top reflector as well and you will get a light out warning on dash unless you use the ECU. Very easy job did mine in less then an hour. Sewells sell the whole lot as a kit with ECU.

Yes its a straight swap. You do need the later top reflector as well and you will get a light out warning on dash unless you use the ECU. Very easy job did mine in less then an hour. Sewells sell the whole lot as a kit with ECU.

Straight swap? No kidding! That sounds fantastic.

• 8 months later...

Straight swap? No kidding! That sounds fantastic.

i was wondering if you change the tails lights out yet and was it a straight swap..i was thinking about doing it myself