2005 Es330 Key Remote Trunk Buttons Won't Work

I've got a 2005 ES330. Recently, the trunk button on both my key remotes quite working at the same time. The trunk release inside the car continues to work OK. The valet button in glove box is set correctly. Since both keys quit at the exact same time, I am concluding it is not the batteries in the keys, but rather a failure of some sort. Is there a fuse or something similar that could trigger this behavior?

Thanks.

I've got a 2005 ES330. Recently, the trunk button on both my key remotes quite working at the same time. The trunk release inside the car continues to work OK. The valet button in glove box is set correctly. Since both keys quit at the exact same time, I am concluding it is not the batteries in the keys, but rather a failure of some sort. Is there a fuse or something similar that could trigger this behavior?

Thanks.

Does the door unlock/lock function on the remote fob work? Alarm button?

Yes, the other two buttons work fine.

I'm sorry but with my limited knowledge I can't guess at what is wrong with the system. If the other buttons on the remote fob's work, then the wireless receiver is working. If the interior trunk release is working, then the trunk latch actuator/release is working. Unless there is a totally seperate circuit for just the remote fob trunk release and therefore a bad fuse,I am out of guess's.

My suggestion is to call your lexus dealer and ask them.

Yes, everything works except the trunk button on the keys. Thanks for trying and I'll check with the dealer.

Follow up: I stoped at my Lexus dealer this afternoon and spoke with my service advisor, who is also a personal friend.

I explained your situation and neither she nor any of the techs in the reception drive area could figure out what could be wrong. It is a true mystery!!

Hope you find the answer and when you do, please post your results.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

This might sound too simple, but have you tried pushing and holding the trunk release button on the key? I have a 2001 ES300 and that's how mine works. It took me a while to figure out that I had to hold it down until the trunk popped.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

On my 2001 ES300 I replaced the batteries in the key fobs (who knew how hard it would be to find a store selling a jewelers screwdriver?? Bought a wiha Phillips #00) but trunk would still not open. Then I saw mizzliz post and held the trunk button down for a little longer than just tapping the button and it worked. Also, looked in the owners manual after the fact and it indicates to hold the button longer...

Boy! DoI feel dumb.

I owned a 2005 ES 330 and I knew that was the sequence with it. But like most my vintage, Tell me the answer know and I'll be sure to forget it 2 seconds befor you tell me

Paul

• 4 months later...

I have a 2006 es330 and have had a similar experience. When the engine is running and I push the trunk release button on key fob, the trunk will NOT open, also won't open on trunk release button on dash (with engine running). But if I shut off the engine both will work.

When shopping with the wife, and she goes back to the car early and runs the engine for the AC, and when I finish shopping and come back to the car and press the trunk release on key fob, that is when I have the problem. Really don't know if that is programmed in the computer or not, but if it is it needs to be changed.

Worth a try before a trip to the dealer.

Oh - by the way - I LOVE my lexus!

• 7 months later...