Replace A Battery In The Rear View Mirror?

I have a 2006 IS350. My rear view mirror is programmed to open/close my garage door. Over the last week or so, the range seems to have reduced significantly. Also, the green light on the mirror (lower left side, not sure of the function) seems to be dimming. However, the light on the compass (showing direction 'N', 'S', etc.) doesn't appear any dimmer (at least not yet). I don't see a battery door on the mirror (I thought it was powered) and the manual makes no reference to replacing a battery. Maybe someone in my complex installed some equipment that interferes with my range? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I have a 2006 IS350. My rear view mirror is programmed to open/close my garage door. Over the last week or so, the range seems to have reduced significantly. Also, the green light on the mirror (lower left side, not sure of the function) seems to be dimming. However, the light on the compass (showing direction 'N', 'S', etc.) doesn't appear any dimmer (at least not yet). I don't see a battery door on the mirror (I thought it was powered) and the manual makes no reference to replacing a battery. Maybe someone in my complex installed some equipment that interferes with my range? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

The battery for your mirror, and all other electronics in your car, is under your hood. If your mirror is acting up, then something is wrong with the mirror itself, or perhaps a fuse for the mirror--does it auto dim?