Ls400 1994 Dies When You Accelerate

4x4xv8

Hi guys. I,m a noobie on here and with LS400. I have purchased a front half cut so that I can transplant engine and dashboard into a monster truck. The car was running fine before it was cut at the wreckers. I am now trying to run it before I get completely lost in wires and loose myself completely! Will do things in stages so I dont have multiple problems. I have reinstated the fuel system which i got with it for obvious reasons. First had a problem with fuel pump not running untill I earthed the rear earth point (even though it was earthed through the loom). Now it idles fine but when you accelerate it just dies. A bit of accelerator pumping and rpm will struggle up. Any ideas???? While writing this I realise there are no exhausts, therefore could no exhaust sensors be the problem but I doubt it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi and welcome to the club even though you are only using a Lexus engine that's good enough for membership.

I guess you are not using the original fuel pump? Have you checked the fuel rail pressure?

Hi and welcome to the club even though you are only using a Lexus engine that's good enough for membership.

I guess you are not using the original fuel pump? Have you checked the fuel rail pressure?

Yes using all original tank and pump. Tank and pump are currently sitting on two chairs 1m behind the front half cut feeding into the standard fuel lines. Looks funny!!!! How do I check the fuel rail pressure? thanks.

Are you running the O2 sensors? Without them it might be running so rich that it wont accelerate, or at least maybe bog down. It also sounds a bit like what happened when I forgot to plug the MAF sensor back in after removing the intake. It idled fine but when I tried to go up my driveway it would die.

Are you running the O2 sensors? Without them it might be running so rich that it wont accelerate, or at least maybe bog down. It also sounds a bit like what happened when I forgot to plug the MAF sensor back in after removing the intake. It idled fine but when I tried to go up my driveway it would die.

The thing is that it is meant to be complete. Just the back half of the car cutoff!. With regard to the MAF sensor, yes we learnt that one the hard way had it off and wouldn't go at all. so I said put it all back and it went, an ah ha.... moment!! Alos noted that if unmount the igniters it wont go. They have to have their bodies earthed.

Where are the O2 sensors located and I can check they are still plugged in.

thanks

The o2 sensors are in the exhaust manifold and there are 2 more after the catalytic converters.

Thanks, have plugged the exhaust pipe sensors back in but made no difference. Have seen the sensors in the manifold on one side only. will check them all and advise.

Does anyone have a loom layout diagram showing the loom and the plugs and their designations. I have the v=wring diagram but that is hard to translate to the vehicle and loom layouts. Thanks Ian

Can someone tell me how to attach a picture I can only see how to do URL images. Thanks