2008 Rx350 Obdii Plug Loose

Hello all

The plastic OBDII plug retainer clip on one side of the plug is either broken or just won't snap into place, so it's loose and the plug wants to push out of the slot when I try to plug the gauge into it. It's near impossible to plug into. I would like to hot glue it in place, but cannot figure out how to get at the side of the plug. I need to know what to remove. Should it be the knee bag panel or something else?. If I could just get to it, it would be a simple fix.. Thanks for any input in advance... Indi

If you're still under warranty, the dealer should fix it for free.

If it's not too hard to get at, I would rather fix it myself than drive 160 miles to have them tell me to come back when they get the part then another 160 miles plus all the time it takes going to and fro it makes more sense, if it takes less time, just to fix it myself. Thanks! Indi

If you're still under warranty, the dealer should fix it for free.

If it's not too hard to get at, I would rather fix it myself than drive 160 miles to have them tell me to come back when they get the part then another 160 miles plus all the time it takes going to and fro it makes more sense, if it takes less time, just to fix it myself. Thanks! Indi

I actually feel the same way, only letting the dealer touch my car when absolutely necessary. Most people would rather bring it in.

My ODBII plug also feels loose, and when stepping on the parking brake pedal, I sometimes dislodge my ScanGauge plug. I'll have to check if there's any way to secure it better.

Got it! It's a screw behind The door sill trim that says Lexus at the bottom of the door. You gently pull it out at the top of that trim piece where it meets near the dash you can hang it around the parking brake when pulled out. There will be 1 screw there. Take it out and gently pull the dash out starting near that screw the rest are yellow clips. There are wires attached so just pull it out far enough to get at the OBD plug. Pop the plug out of the hole and bend the left metal tab up a little with a pliers just a little to make it a little tighter. The OBD outlet should now snap back in nice and snug. Takes about 10 min tops.. Thanks for your help.... :) Indi