2007 Rx400H - After Market Audio?

Hi --

My wife and I just purchased a CPO 2007 RX400h. It has the nav and multi-disc CD player but I would like to add an auxiliary audio input to connect our non-iPod MP3 player for listening to music on long drives. Can anyone recommend a place to purchase (and what to purchase) to do this?

I saw something on Crutchfield that looked like it would work that was only about $15 but I wanted to see if anyone else had installed something like this on there car.

Thanks

Rich

The cheap and easy way would be to use a cassette tape adapter that plugs into the headphone jack on your portable audio player. FM modulators are also easy but don't have the best sound quality. Hardwired solutions are more expensive and require disassembly of the dash to install, but would give you the best sound quality and features.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iSimple+-+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B+Direct+Connect+Kit+for+Select+Vehicles+%28Basic+Install+Included%29/8760904.p?PID=3179980&id=1202650467149&ref=39&loc=01&lp=3&URL=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8760904&st=isimple&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1202650467149&cp=1&AID=10597222&skuId=8760904&st=isimple

It may make a difference if you have the Mark Levinson audio option, so check before you buy.

Hi --

Thanks for the info. I would prefer a hardwired solution - are they hard to install? I have installed aftermarket equipment on previous cars that I've owned.

How would I know if we have the Mark Levinson audio or not?

Thanks

Rich

Hi --

Thanks for the info. I would prefer a hardwired solution - are they hard to install? I have installed aftermarket equipment on previous cars that I've owned.

How would I know if we have the Mark Levinson audio or not?

Thanks

Rich

I've never installed one myself or removed the radio in the Lexus (I've installed stereos in other cars), so I can't say for sure. It looks like it just plugs into the stereo rear connectors. The Mark Levinson audio system has a Mark Levinson logo on the face of the stereo (see pic).

post-115637-128070128736_thumb.jpg

I have the same vehicle without a Mark Levinson system. I am looking for a hard wire application for my iPhone and the only one I've found is the iSimple system for Lexus that states you need to have have a radio that has an AM/SAT button on it. Mine does not... any other solutions out there?