Lexus Newbie 1992 Sc400 - 180K - Purchased Today

Purchased my very first Lexus today at 47 years young and already wondering if maybe I made a mistake.

Ran the carfax is a one owner SC400 with 180K miles (you can eat off the engine compartment) the drivers seat seems to be the only thing used (cracks bad) the rest of the car is really nice (and cool comfort). Ok, here is my concern - no smoke at all on test drive even had my wife follow when I stomped on it - BUY IT and get it home, park in the garage, come back a few hours later to cold engine start = blue smoke. Last about 15 seconds and gone...

My question original owner says he has run synthetic oil since about 140K - should I switch to Castrol "High-Mileage" or stay with Synthetic? And should I use Bardahl No Smoke to help for awhile? (thing is if I tell my wife even after running a car fax and checking it out I bought a car she said "too many miles will be a problem" and "is" a problem that will cost us big money... well let's just say the dog house is where I will be staying) ;)

Also has had timing belt replaced - like I said engine is super clean and no leaks or other issues (at least first day of ownership).

New to forum looking forward to adding Lexus to my existing watch and motorcycle obsession!

Cyclenby

Purchased my very first Lexus today at 47 years young and already wondering if maybe I made a mistake.

Ran the carfax is a one owner SC400 with 180K miles (you can eat off the engine compartment) the drivers seat seems to be the only thing used (cracks bad) the rest of the car is really nice (and cool comfort). Ok, here is my concern - no smoke at all on test drive even had my wife follow when I stomped on it - BUY IT and get it home, park in the garage, come back a few hours later to cold engine start = blue smoke. Last about 15 seconds and gone...

My question original owner says he has run synthetic oil since about 140K - should I switch to Castrol "High-Mileage" or stay with Synthetic? And should I use Bardahl No Smoke to help for awhile? (thing is if I tell my wife even after running a car fax and checking it out I bought a car she said "too many miles will be a problem" and "is" a problem that will cost us big money... well let's just say the dog house is where I will be staying) ;)

Also has had timing belt replaced - like I said engine is super clean and no leaks or other issues (at least first day of ownership).

New to forum looking forward to adding Lexus to my existing watch and motorcycle obsession!

Cyclenby

Oh and I forgot to mention the "Airbag" light stays on owners says not problem still works dealer said nothing to worry about... :cries: