Replacing Carpet?

I have a 2007 RX350 that smells of mold and mildrew. One of the tubes that drains water out to the outside was left draining under the carpet. This must have been this way from the beginning. I have had the tube redirested outside but the smell is left behind. I have tried everything to get rid of the smell, nothing works. My last resort is to replace the carpet and underpad. Where do I start, and where can I find used carpet? Lexus Canada has been no help. The auto glass gargage says it is a design flaw in the tube (from sunroof).

Thanks,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

junkyard is your best bet. however, removing the carpet, having it cleaned and re-installed with new (custom) padding may be your best bet.

never heard of your problem though

I agree, as there's a LOT of insulation padding underneath the carpet, and i know from experience that it holds water (i lost a plug beneath the floor in my Rx400h and the padding absorbed a lot of water).

You'll need to remove the seats and center console...

• 5 years later...

Well, here in 2016 we have the same issue - very strong mold smell, seems to be coming from drivers rear seat area floor.  Had ServePro completely clean carpet and dry (while still installed) and fumigate with anit-mold chemicals, but it is coming back.  We noticed during the winter that the carpets were damp, and we figured it was snow & water tracked in by peoples shoes.  The carpets have not been wet since even after the severe storms here lately, so I hesitate to say its from the drain tube, and it is definitely not from rear trunk leaks like I've read about elsewhere (pulled out cargo floor for a look and its totally OK).

Curious what ever the original poster found/did.