2008 Rx350 Front Bumper Absorber Missing!

I have a 2008 RX350 It had a front end collision and was repaired. The seams where the front bumper and fender weren't meeting perfectly and hanging down forward a tiny bit. When I took it apart I noticed there isn't that much holding the bumper in place and I noticed the front bumper absorber is missing. Does the foam absorber physically support the bumper up in any way? I don't have another complete vehicle to look at so if anyone has any knowledge about this it would be very helpful. Thanks for any input in advance... Indi

I can't tell from the attached diagram if the bumper cover rests on the absorber ... maybe, maybe not.

It's a pretty cheap part -- $53.94 at http://www.parts.com/ . The part number is 52611-0E011 .

The diagram is from http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/5201520993L-Body-RX350-2008.html# but I'm not seeing Sewell's price.

post-2157-128057731582_thumb.jpg

OH MY GOD! :blink: Yes it certainly does hold the bumper in place, and it's a VERY important part. Do you know who worked on the car? If not, go back to the person who sold the car to you and show them. :wacko:

I don't have any recourse so I will have to buy one and fix it myself. I just was wondering if it was structural to holding up the bumper. I pray the bumper is properly aligned or I may need to do more work. Thanks! so very much for your help and the diagram I very much appreciate it!... Indi