Urgent! Battery Is Down!

Running Ox

I need to replace the battery now! But I saw the sign on my lexus factory battery that shows me 84 month warranty. Should I drive xx miles to Lexus dealership and ask them replace it for free? I only can reach Toyata dealership in my local area. What is the best way to do it? Thanks for all suggestions!

That is NOT a full replacement warranty once you get past 12-months. It's a pro-rated warranty. For instance, if your battery is 42 months old, Lexus will discount the price of a replacement battery by 50% off their retail price. I'm guessing you'll be dollars ahead to put in a good Interstate or other aftermarket battery. A phone call to your dealer's Parts Department with your VIN and they can tell you exactly what the cost will be. Oh, and that probably will not include the physical change-out if the dealer performs that work.

That is NOT a full replacement warranty once you get past 12-months. It's a pro-rated warranty. For instance, if your battery is 42 months old, Lexus will discount the price of a replacement battery by 50% off their retail price. I'm guessing you'll be dollars ahead to put in a good Interstate or other aftermarket battery. A phone call to your dealer's Parts Department with your VIN and they can tell you exactly what the cost will be. Oh, and that probably will not include the physical change-out if the dealer performs that work.

It is a prorated warranty. It is worth the hassle. I picked up a battery from Costco for $79.00

Please make sure to reset the moonroof and windows. I have noticed weird things a couple of times when I had to start the suv with a battery boost.

It is a prorated warranty. It is worth the hassle. I picked up a battery from Costco for $79.00

Please make sure to reset the moonroof and windows. I have noticed weird things a couple of times when I had to start the suv with a battery boost.

DG- Do you mean ISN'T worth the hassle???