94 Es 300 Warning Handbrake Light Stays On

caji

Hi,

I need some guidance from you guys on how to proceed on solving my handbrake warning light staying on. I suspect the handbrake switch or the brake fluid sensor switch might be shorted. Can somebody point me where to find the repair on the All Data site. Hope to hear from you guys.

Fill your brake fluid reservoir to the tip-top. The sensor on mine is extra...sensitive and the dash light will show if the level isn't completely full. Give that a shot.

I tried that nothing happens. I think I have to trace the wiring for the handbrake switch. I probably have to remove the console to get into the switch. Thanks for the reply.

I finally got my brake warning light to turn off. I have a rubber hose to the caliper leaking fluid. I end up changing that and it solved the problem. You are right DBrucher. If you have a small leak in the system it will trigger the warning light. So guys if your brake warning light is on, it means there is something wrong in your brake system. The handbrake switch seldom breaks.