Timing Belt For 99 Rx300

pinoy1172

Hello, Im having my timing belt changed on a 1999 rx300 and was wondering if i need to change everything. I saw a kit on ebay that was selling the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, idler, front seal, cam seal for $102. Can I go ahead and just buy that or is there anything else that I need to buy. Thanks.

Make sure that kit includes the OEM or Mitusobishi Belt....Other belts are not as good. The Kit I found cost around $220 on Ebay and used All OEM manufactured parts, timing belt, bearings, waterpump, etc. This is the kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120538654485&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Make sure that kit includes the OEM or Mitusobishi Belt....Other belts are not as good. The Kit I found cost around $220 on Ebay and used All OEM manufactured parts, timing belt, bearings, waterpump, etc. This is the kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120538654485&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Thanks Lenore, Are you just talking about the belt or the whole thing that needs to be oem?

It just makes sense to replace everything associated with the timing belt change wink.gif How would you like the water pump to fail in a month and have to Pay/perform the labor twice ?

All of the parts are OEM manufacturors...Aisin is the producer of Toyota Waterpumps, Koyo for the Bearings etc.. I did this on my daughters Toyota Sequoia and trust me the parts are first class....