Clunking Issues! Replaced Alot Of Parts..problem Still Persists&#3

I've had this problem since I first got my GS. I get a clunk like a ball joint type of noise is coming out of its socket and then going back in.

It only happens when going in and out of a parking spot or like when you reverse to drive; basically it feels like when I apply the brakes that my pass side caliper it 'activating' before my driver side does. I've changed out:

- All new f+r brake pads

- All new f+r rotors

- New oem brake fit kits both front and rear

- New slide pins on the calipers (both front sides)

- Front sway bar bushings with daizen bushings

- Rear sway bar bushings with daizen bushings

- Front end bushings with daizen bushings

- Steering rack bushings with daizen bushings

- Brand new lower control arm #1's on each side with daizen bushings

- New upper front control arms

- New front outer toe control rods

- New front lower ball joint

- New inner tie rods

- New rear adjustable traction rods

- New rear adjustable toe rods

- New tires and wheels (no sign of camber wear)

- New lug nuts; conical style

I can't even remember the rest but basically most of my parts are brand spanking new. I even have new parts in the rear. I changed out my suspension with full coilovers, etc.

I realized when I changed my brakes the noise went away for a bit then came back.

I've tightened all bolts to spec using lexus manuals, etc and still have the issue. I've read alot and some say its a floating caliper/braking system design and that the stock/oem pads are made to counteract this.

I'm going to check it one more time before I sell the car because its driving me insane.

Any tips?

I don't plan to take my car to a mechanic because I'll hear the same bs spiel about how I need to re-change the same parts.

It only happens when going in and out of a parking spot or like when you reverse to drive
I realized when I changed my brakes the noise went away for a bit then came back

Did you try some brake-quiet? This will 'stick' the pads to the calipers. It might not be a permanent cure, but when it helps, you know what's causing the 'clunk'.

This is a prime example of why I'm trying to find a replacement vehicle for my aging GS430, with only 64k miles on it now. My #1 gripe with the two lexus cars I've had, is the inability to pinpoint problems. Either they're very easy to identify (rare), or you end up wasting a ton of money trying to find the wornout part (most likely). If I have a bushing that is bad, I want to be able to lift the car, look at it, and say "yep, there's the broken bushing". Not this "well, it feels like it's around this area of the car, but they all look good" stuff for me. My GS, around 40 mph at a steady pace, shakes from the rear. I'm pretty sure it's either the tires, or a rear carrier arm bushing. But, I've already written one too many threads that started like this, and have come to the conclusion that there are just too many alternatives out there to spend the money on, and life is just too darn short to spend under a jacked-up lexus anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a prime example of why I'm trying to find a replacement vehicle for my aging GS430, with only 64k miles on it now. My #1 gripe with the two lexus cars I've had, is the inability to pinpoint problems. Either they're very easy to identify (rare), or you end up wasting a ton of money trying to find the wornout part (most likely). If I have a bushing that is bad, I want to be able to lift the car, look at it, and say "yep, there's the broken bushing". Not this "well, it feels like it's around this area of the car, but they all look good" stuff for me. My GS, around 40 mph at a steady pace, shakes from the rear. I'm pretty sure it's either the tires, or a rear carrier arm bushing. But, I've already written one too many threads that started like this, and have come to the conclusion that there are just too many alternatives out there to spend the money on, and life is just too darn short to spend under a jacked-up lexus anymore.

I actually decided to jack my car up over a few weekends ago and looked at the rear stabilizer bars -- the ones that connect to the sway bar in the rear and the rear trailing arm. I checked the bolts on both of my stabilizer links and of them that connect to the sway bar was loose on one side and the other side bolt was completely gone. So this was causing my clunking I'm assuming, I tightened it up but the bolt that holds the stabilizer link on one side and the other bolt was somewhat stripped so I tried to rig another bolt to fit and it worked temporarily.

I'm ordering the new links as soon as I get a chance and going to replace them soon.

I'll report back; and as for the disc brake quiet; its not good to put the gooey stuff on the calipers.