Lost Key For A 430 Ls And Problems Got Worse

ALNAIF

Hi everyone,

I bought this 430 ls 2001 three years ago. I shipped it overseas when I finished studying here in the US. However, the problem started when I lost the key and looked for it but no success.

I took it to this shop and the guy tried to fix it by design a new key that fits in the door lock and the switch. He succeeded in openning the door. But when tried to start the car it did not work.

Then, he mentioned something about the program, so he went on to fix that. But instead, he deleted the program and the data all are gone.

I wnet the lexus dealer and they told I need to pay a fortune to have it fixed.

any suggections on how to fix this issue other than going to this dealer.

I really appreciate it.

If you don't have an original key or the key code then you are in big trouble. From my understanding IF you lose both keys and the code, then the computer has to be replaced and it isn't cheap. Reading your post reminded me of my last night freak out when I couldn't find the key to my 04 ES330. After an extensive search I found both keys and vowed to myself to keep better track.

Got to agree, if you had gone to the Lexus dealer in the first place they may have been able to replace the key from the chassis number then reprogram it to the car.

With the original data removed it's going to cost big $$$$$