2007 Gs430 Brake Problem?

Our 2007 GS430 has been back to the dealers (Lexus Perth, Australia) about 8 times to try to get the bottom of a weird issue. Forgive me posting here but this forum has a much higher membership that the Australian one.

Basically, when braking from circa 60mph (or sometimes below) there is a low frequency / high oscillation rumble that comes through the brake pedal. It is intermittent, but seems to occur more often after higher speeds.

The dealer witnessed the problem but could find nothing wrong after checking the brakes and suspension. In the end they replaced the from disks under warranty although not the pads. The problem remained, so after another 3-400 miles they also replaced the pads and skimmed the front disks. The problems still remains, so now the car is going in to have the rear disks skimmed tomorrow.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? I'm getting fed up with this trial and error.

Thanks,

Marcus.

Mine does the same thing and always has. You can even feel it rumbling or thumping on the floor boards-like the brakes are pulsing. Post back when you get it figured out because our dealer couldn't find anything wrong either.

It almost acts like the E-Brake is on because I can feel it kind of pull a little and it doesn't do it everytime.

Mine does the same thing and always has. You can even feel it rumbling or thumping on the floor boards-like the brakes are pulsing. Post back when you get it figured out because our dealer couldn't find anything wrong either.

It almost acts like the E-Brake is on because I can feel it kind of pull a little and it doesn't do it everytime.

Well, it seems like the rear brake disc skim has solved it.

That begs the question - what on earth would heat the rear brakes up to the extent they warp?? I don't think we have ever left the parking brake on when driving, although there were a few 40c+ days last year. Faulty parts maybe? (I know they have had a problem with front brake disks warping as they replaced these first under warranty, but they are a totally different part).

Well, it seems like the rear brake disc skim has solved it.

That begs the question - what on earth would heat the rear brakes up to the extent they warp?? I don't think we have ever left the parking brake on when driving, although there were a few 40c+ days last year. Faulty parts maybe? (I know they have had a problem with front brake disks warping as they replaced these first under warranty, but they are a totally different part).

brake very hard or slightly drag the pads on the rotor for a while to heat up the metal nice and hot, then run through a puddle. The sudden cooling off from the water can cause a rotor to warp. It may not be a warped rotor, though. Your rotor could have glazed over and created a rough surface that the pads were not removing, istead it was creating a vibration. Resurfacing the rotors will solve both scenarios.

steviej