Engine Clicking Noise

SOCAL_IS300

I have a 04 IS300 5speed and i just had my Timing belt, water pump ,all drive belts and the 90k service and now there is this clicking noise every time i accelerate. i always bring my car to the dealer but when they were charging $1800 for the timing belt & $500 for the 90,000 service, i had to look elsewhere. i brought it back to my old mechanic shop which i had used for the past 10 years for my other cars and he did the Job(T-Belt & 90,000 svs) for about $1100. After i got the car back i heard this clicking noise. Anyone else having this problem? someone said it can be the lifters or the fuel injectors. The dealer ship is charging $1200 for a valve job! any suggestions? Also, from experience i have noticed that when a car gets close to the 100,000 mark there are random parts that just break down due to age and miles...kind of like your disrupting the harmony in the engine and that causes the break down of other parts.

My 2004 5sp has 141K, and as far as i can tell its not been worked on. You can see the water pump has been replaced.

no clicks or ticks.

How about taking it back to the shop that did the work and ask them what they think it is ?

My 2004 5sp has 141K, and as far as i can tell its not been worked on. You can see the water pump has been replaced.

no clicks or ticks.

How about taking it back to the shop that did the work and ask them what they think it is ?

They told me it can be the valve seat.....i had the same problem with my Acura integra, but a quick valve adjustment fixed the problem. I can't figure it out and might have to bring it to the dealer and see what they say. Thanks

• 2 months later...