Ac Problem 2010 Es350

MaxKhan

Hello,

I purchased a new 2010 Lexus ES350 in November 2009 equipped with Navigation System. It barely has 10,000 miles on it. Now I am having problems with the AC. Whenever I run AC it blows cold are from the dashboard area but after running 10-15 minutes it starts blowing hot area under the dash over my feet area. I mean it is very very hot. I tried all the different settings that were specified in the manual but it did not help. I took the car to 2 different dealerships and they did the diagnostics and said the system is operating normal and is working as it was designed. They do agree that the hot air is blowing from the feet area but their explanation is that car is trying to maintain the temperature that I set. When the temperature reaches that setting the AC tries to maintain it and to do that it blows hot air from the bottom because the heat rises. I am very concerned about what is going to happen when the cold weather arrives. Is it going to blow the freezing cold air on my feet to balance the temperature? At this point I am trying to find out (1) if I am the only one who is having this problem (2) if other people have this problem what was the solution and (3) what should be my next course of action. Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mine certainly doesn't do that...

Try unplugging the battery to reset the computer to the factory specs and see if that helps. Lexus' HVAC system is "intelligent" and learns from the settings you input as well as the outside stimuli. Maybe this just needs to be erased?

What temperature do you have it set to? On my 2008 ES 350 I set the temp to 73 in ths summer (anything lower tends to over cool the car) and to 68 in the winter (anything higher tends to overheat). This is for the Washington, DC climate. As I've said before on this forum, when the dealer tells you something is "normal" and you still feel it isn't, ask the dealer to demonstrate the "normal" condition by driving 2 or 3 comparable new cars from his lot. There are those times when a dealer just can't figure out what is happening so they simply declare it "normal" and send you on your way. If it is normal it'll happen all the time on every car, right?

• 2 weeks later...

What temperature do you have it set to? On my 2008 ES 350 I set the temp to 73 in ths summer (anything lower tends to over cool the car) and to 68 in the winter (anything higher tends to overheat). This is for the Washington, DC climate. As I've said before on this forum, when the dealer tells you something is "normal" and you still feel it isn't, ask the dealer to demonstrate the "normal" condition by driving 2 or 3 comparable new cars from his lot. There are those times when a dealer just can't figure out what is happening so they simply declare it "normal" and send you on your way. If it is normal it'll happen all the time on every car, right?

I definitely agree with what you said.

As far as disconnecting the battery to reset the computer, I doubt that this will correct this problem. Besides, doing this will also lose your radio pre-sets, clock, and possibly the seat and side view mirrors memory.

If the dealer still insists that this is normal(It's NOT), than your recourse is to call Lexus Corporation to escalate this situation.