Aircon Draining Problem

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on how to stop my aircon draining water into the car. I have an IS220 (2006) and when I run the aircon, water collects in the bottom of the plastic housing connecting the fan to the vents and eventually drains out through the footwell airvents. When the car is stationary the water continues to build up but does not leak out, so I don't think I have a leaky evaporator housing. As soon as I corner or switch the fan on high speed the water floods into the car again.

I am assuming the evaporator drain in the wheel arch is blocked as no water drips out of it? I have tried pumping air from a large cylinder bicycle pump through it as well with no effect.

I have stripped out the carpets to dry them and removed the glovebox area for better access to the fan and lower vents but cannot find the drain hose coming into the car to see if it is blocked or disconnected.

Everything I see on the forum suggests a dashboard pull but I can't believe this is the only solution?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue with my 06 250. But can not find any other information where have you seen other topics about this?

various things come up in this forum if you search from google, key words being "evaporator drain lexus is250"

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53610

I had the same problem on my 07 IS found out there is a plug you have to pull out to let the water drain. There is a bulletin on this problem

the dealer had to pull the trans to get to the plug.