Lexus/toyota Filters

PilotguyPA28

Have you tried a Toyota dealer? I bought a 10-pack of OEM engine oil filters for my 00 LS400 (same filter your LS430 uses) a few weeks ago at a local Toyota dealer for $42.50 including ten oil plug gaskets. I don't think I can do better than that by buying online.

Have you tried a Toyota dealer? I bought a 10-pack of OEM engine oil filters for my 00 LS400 (same filter your LS430 uses) a few weeks ago at a local Toyota dealer for $42.50 including ten oil plug gaskets. I don't think I can do better than that by buying online.

I agree with 1990LS400.... I buy all my oil filters, coolant and trans oil from a Toyota dealer. I always cross reference lexus parts to Toyota before I but at a Lexus dealer. If I have to go to dealer, I use Carson Toyota for my lexus parts.

I buy my oil filters from Toyota but my post said I was looking for engine air filters.

Actually, the OP said "engine filters" so the first thought would be oil filters.

Same reply as all of the others. Go to the Toyota dealership. Online shipping will eat up any minor differences and they don't need to be changed often enough under normal circumstances anyway ("two years ago") to fret over the price if you want OEM.

Toyota parts at www.1sttoyotaparts.com are sold for 28% off. Example: Toyota engine oil filters are only $3.91 and you need not buy a case to get that superb low price.

You don't have to pay sales tax so that offsets most of the 10% FedEx Ground shipping charge.

Toyota parts at www.1sttoyotaparts.com are sold for 28% off. Example: Toyota engine oil filters are only $3.91 and you need not buy a case to get that superb low price.

You don't have to pay sales tax so that offsets most of the 10% FedEx Ground shipping charge.

That "superb low price" does not include the oil drain plug gasket. I don't know what they charge for it - I don't see it listed - but online sellers typically sell the gaskets for 80 cents to $1.00 each. The $4.25 unit price I pay for an oil filter at a Toyota dealer includes the drain plug gasket. Like the oil filters, the drain plug gaskets also come in a 10-pack at a substantially lower unit cost than they are sold for singlely.

Drain plug gaskes don't need to be replaced regularly and won't crack or deteriorate much unless the owner overtorques the drain plug.

Yep, I thought that too but learned differently during the first year after I bought my KS 20 years ago. I quickly learned why Toyota and Lexus dealers always replaces the drain plug gaskets. I didn't like the drip ... drip ... drip on the garage floor.

You don't want to spent an extra measily 25 cents at a Toyota dealer to do it right? :chairshot:

Here's a recent discussion on the other club where I listed recent filter prices:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/492752-is-this-air-filter-worth-the-money.html

parts.com = $20.37 (shipping unknown - I don't have an account)

autohausAZ = $24.65 with shipping (standard filter)

autohausAZ = $31.48 with shipping (Denso OEM filter)

Autozone = $20.99 (plus tax - standard filter)

NAPA = $12.99 (plus tax - looks like special order)

NAPA = $23.99 (plus tax - Gold)

CSK/O'Reilly (Checker) = $19.99 (plus tax - standard)

CSK/O'Reilly (Checker) = $22.99 (plus tax - Fram extra life)

The genuine Toyota (Denso) air filter for the LS400 is only $21.60 at www.1sttoyotaparts.com. And the genuine Toyota (Denso) 90915-YZZD3 oil filter is only $3.91. Since you pay no sales tax, the 10% shipping charge is almost free. The Toyota filter is a triple element design that excels in reducing engine wear via keeping dirt out of the engine.

The genuine Toyota (Denso) air filter for the LS400 is only $21.60 at www.1sttoyotaparts.com. And the genuine Toyota (Denso) 90915-YZZD3 oil filter is only $3.91. Since you pay no sales tax, the 10% shipping charge is almost free. The Toyota filter is a triple element design that excels in reducing engine wear via keeping dirt out of the engine.

ggemigniani, please look at my previous post.

Based on the content and tone of your posts, I'm highly suspecting that you are employed by www.1sttoyotaparts.com :chairshot:

Again I tell you ... the freakin' $3.91 per oil filter from "your company" doesn't include the drain plug gasket which, yes, really should be replaced at each oil change and for which most online vendors usually charge between 80 cents and a dollar. The 10% shipping charge certainly isn't "almost free" unless you live in one of the relatively few areas of the U.S. with a 10% plus sales tax.

I guess I am pretty bad since I only change the drain plug gasket when it leaks or looks really bad. I'll let y'all aargue over which filter and stick with what I know works. Just did an oil change today on one of the fleet.

• 7 months later...

For my '07 Tundra I ordered parts online from Sparks Toyota out of Myrtle Beach S.C., good prices and fast shipping, and every oil filter I bought came with a drain plug washer. But their website only lists Toyota/Scion parts, I haven't contacted them yet regarding Lexus parts. I also recently placed an order with Lexus Parts World, prices were about average but free UPS shipping on $100 or more. I've read a few threads praising Pembroke Pines Lexus but I haven't yet compared prices or placed an order with them.