Car Revs A Lot When Starting After Short Drive. Help?

My 94 GS. 300 revs up and down after a short drive. I get back in the car to start it up and WHAAAN.....WHAAANN.....WHAAANNN... I usually drop it into gear. I hate doing it but I stops doing it when the car is in gear. Have to sit on the break a little more cuz it wants to move forward though. Usually stops after a min. or so. Any ideas of what the prob might be? Thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...

Perhaps first check your vacuum lines for air-leaks or clean throttlebody. When was the last time a tune-up was performed?

No leaks, Replaced the Idle air control. Dropped 3 hundo. Stopped the reving. But now wont start all the time. If I wait 5 min, it will start up again. HMMMMM? My wifes driving the car and it drives her nuts. If shes running late she doesnt want to stop the car just in case it wont start again. Any thoughts? Oh and thanks for the reply before. Appreciated.

Perhaps first check your vacuum lines for air-leaks or clean throttlebody. When was the last time a tune-up was performed?

No leaks, Replaced the Idle air control. Dropped 3 hundo. Stopped the reving. But now wont start all the time. If I wait 5 min, it will start up again. HMMMMM? My wifes driving the car and it drives her nuts. If shes running late she doesnt want to stop the car just in case it wont start again. Any thoughts? Oh and thanks for the reply before. Appreciated.

From my Volvo experience... your problem looks like camshaft sensor failure. Did you read OBD codes from your Lexus?