Code P1153

easyE

Thanks to all who help,I have a 99 es300, had check engine light/track off light come on before. 1st time code was p0771 so i changed the MAF senor and the code cleared. 2nd time i got p0446 so i changed the gas cap. Now the 3rd time i got p0441, can anyone help me with this? Just a note i am a newbie and dont now alot about cars, if anyone replies please help with detailed instructions,but so far the club has help me with these previous codes and i hope the previous codes are gone forever. Again many thanks who take the time to read and help.

Since the previous problems posted above I changed the charcoal canicters and vsv sensors etc. Now about 340 miles later check engine light and trac off came on again. The codes are P0446 again and P1153.Thanks again everyone has been a great help when i go armed with info to the mechanic, though i trust him.

Codes 0441 and 0446 are the same thing - charcoal canister system. Since it has come back again, it is likely a leak in your vacuum lines or a vacuum switch or sensor. We have a '97 ES that occasionally throws a P0446. One time a Lexus dealer told me it would cost $500 to replace the charcoal canister. I declined the work, went home and consulted my Haynes manual. I found a vacuum hose that was unplugged and connecting it fixed the problem. The Haynes manual was the best $17 I've ever spent and I highly recommend one. Even if you're not going to do your own work, you can use it to understand what your mechanic is doing. The '97-'01 ES is notorious for throwing the canister codes.

• 2 weeks later...

Codes 0441 and 0446 are the same thing - charcoal canister system. Since it has come back again, it is likely a leak in your vacuum lines or a vacuum switch or sensor. We have a '97 ES that occasionally throws a P0446. One time a Lexus dealer told me it would cost $500 to replace the charcoal canister. I declined the work, went home and consulted my Haynes manual. I found a vacuum hose that was unplugged and connecting it fixed the problem. The Haynes manual was the best $17 I've ever spent and I highly recommend one. Even if you're not going to do your own work, you can use it to understand what your mechanic is doing. The '97-'01 ES is notorious for throwing the canister codes.

Replace the purge solenoid on the charcoal canister. These are often inoperative from road water soaking into it.

I did it last month and everything is fine now. RockAuto online part # 430CP419. It cost about $50 shipped and I had it in two days of ordering. All you need to change it is a philips screwdriver. Be sure to note what hose goes where before you take the old one out.