Check Engine / Vsc Warning Lights

iral

check engine came on, went to reset & abs started blinking vsc came on. removed scanner - check engine went off abs went off vsc went off. then vsc came on and later check engine came on. Is this a vacuum problem?

Many issues can cause these warning lights. Did you read a code with your scanner?

The last time these warning lights happened on my 00 LS it was a bad TPS but other issues can cause the same warning lights.

• 2 weeks later...

check engine came on, went to reset & abs started blinking vsc came on. removed scanner - check engine went off abs went off vsc went off. then vsc came on and later check engine came on. Is this a vacuum problem?

The VSC and ABS lights started to go on in my 98 when I went over bumps and would then go out after a few minutes. The remote lock would also not work until the headlights turned off. It turned out to be the battery. A new battery solved both problems. The old battery was only about seven months old, bought from Autozone.