Turn Signal

Bill Dep

The right front turn signal bulb in my LS400 has failed. I need to find out how to access the bulb. I removed the engine air cleaner, but still did not see how to access the bulb. I wonder if you must remove the fender well to access the bulb.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Bill Dep

If your LS400 is a 1998 per your "car model" in your profile ... open the hood and remove the one small screw holding the turn signal housing in place. Grab the leading edge of the turn signal housing with your finger tips and pull it away from the body. It's held in place by friction fittings and will "pop" out. Be sure to spread the force on the leading edge when you pry it away from the body so you don't crack the housing. Some people insert a pry tool or a screwdriver blade into the crack between the turn signal housing and the headlight but be careful if you do that -- you shouldn't need to.

Once you have the turn signal housing in off the car, it will be obvious how to replace the bulb. After you replace the bulb, just snap the turn signal housing back in place and screw in the one little screw.