Gauge Fuse Blowing

Good evening, the gauge fuse (10 amp) is blowing intermittently, because the fuse feeds a plethora of ckts, I am hoping someone else has had a similar situation. This is a 93 ES-300....if know one knows of a similar problem, I will have to do it by the process of elimination....fortuneately many of the ckts that it feeds are relays... so by removing them one at a time maybe I can isolate the problem.... or maybe one day it will metamorph to a constant problem... which will be much easier to find.... as we all know the intermittent problems are the bane of the technician.... LOL.... anyway any comments are appreciated and will be read with interest...

capn

Good evening, the gauge fuse (10 amp) is blowing intermittently, because the fuse feeds a plethora of ckts, I am hoping someone else has had a similar situation. This is a 93 ES-300....if know one knows of a similar problem, I will have to do it by the process of elimination....fortuneately many of the ckts that it feeds are relays... so by removing them one at a time maybe I can isolate the problem.... or maybe one day it will metamorph to a constant problem... which will be much easier to find.... as we all know the intermittent problems are the bane of the technician.... LOL.... anyway any comments are appreciated and will be read with interest...

capn

Any mods done to the car electrical side?

My friend had some gremlins pop up in his 92 when we did a full LED convert of all glowing buttons/guages/dials on the interior etc... seems the voltage draw was too high for certain parts of the circuit (oddly) yet not others. In the guage area it was on the 220km area backlight that would burn out the led after 2 weeks and also the volume knob led. would be tons brighter until failure in the same general timeframe. Every other one was flawless and never even flickered.

It was hard to troubleshoot because the entire units had to be plugged in order not to throw off warnings on the car, or set off the airbag "deployed" light. so on so forth...

In the end he just replaced the burned led's and sold off the entire gremlin car. nothing more annoying that electrical probs - especially when you know its coming directly from your "simple" mod. sigh....