Pictiures Of My New 2010 Es350 In Truffle Mica...

SW03ES

Love it cheers.gif Great color combowink.gif WOW !!!

Had a 2010 ES350 yesterday (only 900 miles) as a service loaner. It had the same beautiful interior. I was suprised though with the grey floor mats instead of Parchment. How do you like the color contrast Steve?

Overall, I still like my 2010 ES 350 which I bought in January. Cerulean Blue + Parchment. However, as I have mentioned in a previous post, I am disappointed with the khaki-colored 'carpet' material that lines the SIDES of the interior above the floor. You can see it clearly in your pic. See: Carpet Material Below Gear Box The material looks very cheap. The carpet pile is very sparse and you can write your name in the material with your finger. Use your finger to push against it and you will notice that it is 'hollow' underneath for maybe an 1/2-inch or so. There should be a rigid material underneath before the carpet material is wrapped over it. So, in my opinion this part of the car is very poorly designed and Toyota really skimped with the choice of material.

The only other thing I am not particularly fond of is the look of the car when viewed straight on from the REAR. It's butt is rather small compared to the rest of the body unlike its LS counterpart which has a bolder, prouder, more high-end look. From the back, the 2010 ES 350 is not flattering and does not scream Lexus. Look at this rear view of the ES350. Compare with the rear view of the LS460. Every week day when I get off work and go down to the garage where my car is parked, when I approach the car from the rear, I am often less than satisfied with what I see. Now the front and side views of the car are great, but the straight-on rear view leaves much to be desired.

Love it cheers.gif Great color combowink.gif WOW !!!

Had a 2010 ES350 yesterday (only 900 miles) as a service loaner. It had the same beautiful interior. I was suprised though with the grey floor mats instead of Parchment. How do you like the color contrast Steve?

I don't mind the grey color of the floor mat as I mind the material it is made of. The grey color would help hide dirt stains more easily. So that's OK. But the floor mat carpet pile is still too sparse. Not tight enough. So your feet leave prints on it and make it look uneven.

Thanks guys! The paint color is awesome, you know me I have to have some kind of unique color. You gotta see it in person...

The color of the floormats isn't an issue, it works really well and ties in with the color scheme of the interior. I do agree with Tim that the carpet in the car is not nearly as nice as in the old car. At some point soon I will buy a set of Lloyd heavyweight mats like I have in the '03 for it which will help matters, but my plan is to try and match the darker color. Real light mats are just terrible to get clean.

They definitely decided to save a few bucks on the carpeting...but it is still a LOT of car for the money.

I actually really like the car from the rear personally. Unlike my '03, I don't think the '10 looks unflattering from any angles.

Thanks guys! The paint color is awesome, you know me I have to have some kind of unique color. You gotta see it in person...

The color of the floormats isn't an issue, it works really well and ties in with the color scheme of the interior. I do agree with Tim that the carpet in the car is not nearly as nice as in the old car. At some point soon I will buy a set of Lloyd heavyweight mats like I have in the '03 for it which will help matters, but my plan is to try and match the darker color. Real light mats are just terrible to get clean.

They definitely decided to save a few bucks on the carpeting...but it is still a LOT of car for the money.

I actually really like the car from the rear personally. Unlike my '03, I don't think the '10 looks unflattering from any angles.

It truly is a lot of car for the money, and the floor mat issue is not unique to Lexus. My wife's S80 Volvo cost more than the Lexus but the floor mats look and feel like they came out of a Ford Pinto. I too replaced them with Loyd's mats.

As far as mat color, my ES interior is Cashmere and I'm just used to the light colored floor mats. They are good looking but high maintenance.

It truly is a lot of car for the money, and the floor mat issue is not unique to Lexus. My wife's S80 Volvo cost more than the Lexus but the floor mats look and feel like they came out of a Ford Pinto. I too replaced them with Loyd's mats.

As far as mat color, my ES interior is Cashmere and I'm just used to the light colored floor mats. They are good looking but high maintenance.

Yeah all things created equal, I definitely think the cashmere mats look better when they are clean. What color Lloyd mats did you buy, did you buy the heavyweight ones or the middle ground ones? We have the middle ground ones in the Prius they are still a lot nicer than the Lexus mats...

I think about it this way. My '03 was $39,675 in 2003, my '10 was $41,215 in 2010. Thats a difference of $1,540. Not looking at inflation, this car is $1,540 more for:

1. More power...waaay more power.

2. An extra gear in the transmission providing much better fuel economy

3. Backup camera, parking assist

4. Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel

5. Cooled seats

6. Keyless entry & start

On top of other little things. Now had I had the opportunity to buy these features for $1,540 in 2003 I would have thought it was an extraordinary value. When you think about the fact that I paid EXACTLY what I paid for the 2003 for this 2010, $35,000 I think its an incredible value...

Looks absolutely Maaarvelous Steve!!!! Did you consider adding the optional rear spoiler? Would love to know hom many other members have added this option and how they feel it would look.

Why thank you. I did consider it, and may still. I have always thought the 07-09 looked better with the spoiler and door moldings, but with the chrome moldings at the base of the doors on the 2010, I don't think the door moldings look right, but the rear spoiler I still like...

Yeah all things created equal, I definitely think the cashmere mats look better when they are clean. What color Lloyd mats did you buy, did you buy the heavyweight ones or the middle ground ones? We have the middle ground ones in the Prius they are still a lot nicer than the Lexus mats...

I think about it this way. My '03 was $39,675 in 2003, my '10 was $41,215 in 2010. Thats a difference of $1,540. Not looking at inflation, this car is $1,540 more for:

1. More power...waaay more power.

2. An extra gear in the transmission providing much better fuel economy

3. Backup camera, parking assist

4. Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel

5. Cooled seats

6. Keyless entry & start

On top of other little things. Now had I had the opportunity to buy these features for $1,540 in 2003 I would have thought it was an extraordinary value. When you think about the fact that I paid EXACTLY what I paid for the 2003 for this 2010, $35,000 I think its an incredible value...

Looks absolutely Maaarvelous Steve!!!! Did you consider adding the optional rear spoiler? Would love to know hom many other members have added this option and how they feel it would look.

Why thank you. I did consider it, and may still. I have always thought the 07-09 looked better with the spoiler and door moldings, but with the chrome moldings at the base of the doors on the 2010, I don't think the door moldings look right, but the rear spoiler I still like...

I bought the medium tan for my wife's car in the thick pile with her initials sewn in.. (she thought the initials were just weird, and why would I order them like that...you just can't get ahead some days.) The mats matched the Volvo's Sandstone interior perfectly. I would recommend the Loyd floor mat product.

Your thoughts on the value of your 2010 purchase are more than compelling. In this Global economy and currency market, one would think it improbable that you could purchase a product with more features, better materials and advanced software and enginering for less than the cost of inflation over 7-8 years.

I firmly believe that anyone who buys a car as an investment is going to be very suprised, and not in a good way. But your experiance with your 03' shows that if you buy quality in the first place and take care of it you will enjoy the ride.

My dilema? If you were doing it again, would you suggest someone buy a used LS460(07) or 2010 ES?

Personally, since I am so particular about my cars I don't know if I would ever really be satisfied with a used car. It would have to be perfect...

The pros for the LS are that its a V8, RWD, bigger, smoother and quieter. The pros for the ES are that its cheaper to fuel, insure, and maintain. I don't think you can go wrong either way though.

Personally, since I am so particular about my cars I don't know if I would ever really be satisfied with a used car. It would have to be perfect...

The pros for the LS are that its a V8, RWD, bigger, smoother and quieter. The pros for the ES are that its cheaper to fuel, insure, and maintain. I don't think you can go wrong either way though.

Thanks for the advice. I don't mean to drag this thread on and on , but if I could ask for a clarification. Living in the midwest, winters can be harsh and when front wheel drive came along it greatly improved the ability to get around in snow. However, I have understood from following post on this forum that true affcinados prefer rear wheel drive as you pointed out re: the LS. Why is that?

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the advice. I don't mean to drag this thread on and on , but if I could ask for a clarification. Living in the midwest, winters can be harsh and when front wheel drive came along it greatly improved the ability to get around in snow. However, I have understood from following post on this forum that true affcinados prefer rear wheel drive as you pointed out re: the LS. Why is that?

No problem at all, my favorite subject!

The LS is completely terrible in the snow, at least the LS400 and LS430 were, I haven't driven an LS460 in the snow, but the ES is MUCH better than the LS in the snow. That said, snow tires will make a big difference. In general I prefer RWD to FWD though. RWD cars have better drivetrain balance and steering is smoother and more fluid.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the same color combination I have on my 2010 IS250. You'll love it! I get many compliments on this color combination. By the way, the exterior color is like getting two colors in one - at night ,it looks like a dark gray metallic, and in the sunlight, a dark charcoal metallic! Nice.

By the way, the carpet on the IS is indeed darker (not the khaki color) - looks nice.

Thanks guys!

Yeah I really like the color and get a lot of compliments on it. I think a unique and complex color really makes a car look upscale. Everyone who sees it is just blown away by it, like my previous ES it seems like a much more expensive car than it is.

Congratulations on the car. I also really like the color combination but I wish Lexus would put darker carpets with the parchment and gray interiors. The light colors get dirty too easily.

• 2 weeks later...

S.W.

I'm trying to upload some photos of my new ES Black Sapphire Pearl, but it says that even one photo is too big (over 2mgb) and so I can not up load even one picture. Does this forum require a special format or compression type of file? Thanks for your help as usual.

How is your new baby doing? I read where you tiped over 2k on the odometer. That came fast!

Paul

Doing great! Yeah I drive about 1800 miles a month, plus a trip got me to 2k fast!

Just any JPEG will work, under 2MB in size...if you email them to me I'll resize em for ya...I'll PM you my address...