Anybody Had Any Luck Getting Lexus To Swap The Bridgestones For The Mi

SW03ES

Hey All.

My new 2010 has the Bridgestones which as well all know are pretty crappy tires. I'm going to ask the guy who sold it to me if he can get Lexus to allow the tires to be swapped with the OEM Michelins that also come on the ES. Anybody ever had any success getting them to do that?

• 2 months later...

Hey All.

My new 2010 has the Bridgestones which as well all know are pretty crappy tires. I'm going to ask the guy who sold it to me if he can get Lexus to allow the tires to be swapped with the OEM Michelins that also come on the ES. Anybody ever had any success getting them to do that?

I recently bought one of a Lexus dealer's (in Atlanta) remaining 2010 ES350s...and mine came with Michelins on them...I didn't know Bridgestone was one of their "OEM" brands also...

Hey All.

Hi Steve,

I did have the Bridgestones on my 2010 swaped for Michelins. However, the Michelins came off of my trade-in as they were almost new. Also, I had the Bridgestones swaped off the 2010 before I took delevery so they were still new.

I know you have had your Bridgstones tires for awhile but they should be willing to prorate the remaing wear towards new Michelins since you are definately a disatisfied customer.

Paul

I haven't gotten around to it. The Bridgies aren't so bad...they flatspot when the car has been sitting for a few days...but other than that not bad.

I'll put the Michelins on when they wear out...

Steve --- how are the bridgies in speedy turns? i.e long parkway entrance.. exit...

that is the only complaint performance wise i had with my Bridgstones. Rode very nice.. handling not so good. Tread wear life deplorable... I had the Turnazas what model is on them now?

Time will tell but i forsee good results with the Mich. PRimacy's MX

g luck

They're okay, I don't have any other tires on the 350 to compare them to. It handles better than my 300...but thats likely the 350 not the tires. They're the EL400. Threadwear is only 200...I expect it to be terrible lol. They already show wear on the front shoulders at 5000 miles.

Hey All.

Hi Steve,

I did have the Bridgestones on my 2010 swaped for Michelins. However, the Michelins came off of my trade-in as they were almost new. Also, I had the Bridgestones swaped off the 2010 before I took delevery so they were still new.

I know you have had your Bridgstones tires for awhile but they should be willing to prorate the remaing wear towards new Michelins since you are definately a disatisfied customer.

Paul

There for a minute, I thought that swapping thing might work for me. Unfortunately, my tires are 16 in and I plan on 17" in my next 2010 Lexus.

On thing that might be of interest:

When I purchased my 2001 ES300 (Company car) it had some brand new over sized (too tall) Kelly tires on it. They bottomed out and had zip for traction, and really handled crappily. I couldn't take it any more and bought some Primacy forerunners of the day. Being a tire snob, I checked everything I could about the new tires. Stock specs were for 205/60R16's, but those didn't look good to me. They looked a little wimpy. So, I went with 215/55R16's. The difference in turns per one mile is only 39. My GPS mph tracks exactly with my speedometer. With the lower profile and wider stance, the handling is so much better.

If I have to take Bridgestones with my new ES350, I'll be looking to do something similar. Anyone else use anything other than the stock dimensions?

ayuh!!!

my first front were gone 10-12 K... 26 k and my fronts looked ready to go,again, at 26k

Again nice ride --handling not so great (not racing driving nuts but should IMO have handled some turns at decent speeds better) --durability horrible.

Hope to at least hit the 30K you stated in the other thread--that will be over a 200% improvement! Michelins handle better in the turns

g luck all

They're okay, I don't have any other tires on the 350 to compare them to. It handles better than my 300...but thats likely the 350 not the tires. They're the EL400. Threadwear is only 200...I expect it to be terrible lol. They already show wear on the front shoulders at 5000 miles.