Engine Flood

BlackSC4

never ever try to crank when you have excess fuel in the motor that could cause hydra lock and bend your rods take the time to pull out your plugs and clear the motor because what difference would it make it if your throttle was open or closed besides the computer telling the injectors to shoot more fuel? adding to the problem :(

well i thought i had an engine flood, but it's not...i found some coolant in the cylinders due to coolant leakign through intake manifold while changing the starter. but my starter still doesnt turn over after i changed to a new one...damn...does anyone knows why? it just clicks, and it started happening while i was doing a compression test...this is very frustrating. thanks for any help.

yup, i jumped the battery. contact on the starter is good. well, the starter is gettin power since it clicks, i'm thinking something is wrong with the wiring. if the starter relay is blown, can that be my problem? would it just click if the relay crapped out?

If there's any chance there is coolant and/or water in the bores, do not crank the motor over, you'll have to clear it first. Water does not like to compress within a fixed space....as the piston travels up and down inside a particular cylinder approaching TDC and BDC, it will hit this water (if there's enough of it) and 'hydro-lock'....something has to give, usually it's a rod but there's all manner of expensive parts you can grenade. Fix what caused the problem in the first place (You got coolant in the bores from changing the starter??), clear the motor, then start it up and check that everything is kosher.

LEX: when taking the intake off there is some coolant that spills and that can get in the intake if not careful about draining coolant.

and sc4 jumping usually doesnt work because jumper cables are usualy bad. i tried jumping a good battery to one of my cars and it didnt work so i had to pull out the battery and change it with the one i was jumping with and everything started up fine. (i was just too lazy to change out the battery first) :lol: