Park Assist

I recently purchased a 2006 Lexus GS 300. In the pull down that contains all of the buttons (trunk and gas cap release, etc.) I have a button for Park Assist; however, I do not have any sensors in the front or the rear bumper. One of the service advisors at the local Lexus dealer said "if the button is there then the vehicle should have park assist". Is this correct?

According to your owners manual (page attached), your car should have sensors in the bumpers if it has park assist. Either the button is on cars without park assist or your car has had new bumpers installed without park assist.

post-2157-127985292147_thumb.jpg

According to your owners manual (page attached), your car should have sensors in the bumpers if it has park assist. Either the button is on cars without park assist or your car has had new bumpers installed without park assist.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, it seems like the previous owner was involved in serious accident and had the bumpers replaced with non-Lexus bumpers. Don't ever purchase a vehicle from carmax. I will never.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, it seems like the previous owner was involved in serious accident and had the bumpers replaced with non-Lexus bumpers. Don't ever purchase a vehicle from carmax. I will never.

Carmax uses Autocheck which didn't detect an accident. I ran a carfax on the vehicle. The vehicle was involved in an accident in Nov. 2008. It had to be a major accident if the front and rear bumper were replaced. I am having the frame checked today.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Do not assume your car has been in a wreck. The flip down panel comes with all buttons on it for every car, there is only one part for this module. The only buttons that work are the buttons for the equipment or options loaded on your car. For example, my car does not have and did not have from the factory the rear sun shade and park assist. However, I have those buttons on my flip down panel. They don't work or course. The top right button should be blank as well.

Along the same line, if you remove the center console, you will also find wiring harnesses for equipment that you may not have, ie adjustable suspension.

When in doubt, have your dealership run you VIN and they should be able to get a build sheet that will tell you what your car came with from the factory. Kind of like a reprint of the window sticket that came on the car.

steviej

steviej

• 2 weeks later...

Hello StevieJ. Thanks for the response! I called Lexus and they told me that the vehicle didn't come with Park Assist. I am going with your response and from Lexus. I am not honoring the responses from my new Lexus dealer and the others on the forum that states if the Park button is on the pull down console it should have been installed.

Now I have to purchase some 17 inch OEM tires.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello StevieJ. Thanks for the response! I called Lexus and they told me that the vehicle didn't come with Park Assist. I am going with your response and from Lexus. I am not honoring the responses from my new Lexus dealer and the others on the forum that states if the Park button is on the pull down console it should have been installed.

Now I have to purchase some 17 inch OEM tires.

:cheers:

Moderators, you can move this thread. I no longer own the 2006 Lexus GS 300, I purchased a 2007 Lexus GS 350 AWD. Thanks,