Bluetooth Pairing

climber1950

When I tried to register a new cell phone to ES350 with Nav., everything went fine. The pairing was successful. I turn off the ignition, and let it sat for a while, the system did not show the new phone as one of the options after I turned the car back on. I followed the steps of deleting the only phone on the list. The system showed that the phone was deleted. After turning the car off and on again (more than 10 minutes), the old phone appear on the phone list again. (I tried on changing the passkey and name of the phone, but none of the changes would take effect.)

It seems that I could do everything I need to do on the bluetooth pairing, but the memory of the navigation system was not changed. Can anyone help?

Thats my guess too...

It could be that the new iPhone is just not compatible...

I paired my iPhone 4, without issue.

I can't get my "Bluetooth" to recognize my Sanyo SCP-3810. It worked fine on my Samusung for 3 years. Does the old phone have to be deleted completely?

• 4 months later...

Recently, I have been playing a lot of Scrabble on my iPhone (playing with other Facebook users). The Scrabble app must have a bug because it causes the game to freeze sometimes, and I have to do a hard reboot of the iPhone. Around that same time, I started noticing that my iPhone did not sync up with the car's bluetooth when I started the car, nor when I pressed the controls on the Nav to manually try to do a sync. I later figured it out that even though the iPhone's Settings screen showed that bluetooth was ON, don't believe it. The way I fixed it is to tap the iPhone to turn bluetooth OFF, wait a few seconds, then tap to turn bluetooth back ON. Only by doing this will the bluetooth sync up. Hard reboot of the iPhone did not. :-( I think the Scrabble game must have somehow messed things up, but at least I found a way to make the bluetooth work again.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2008 ES350 and an iPhone 3......the car's phone book and my iPhone contact list do not and will not talk to each other. Only on the models 2010 and beyond.....Gen 5 Nav and Phone. I have to input each contact manually. My son attempted to use his Blackberry and there was no problem transferring that info.

• 2 years later...

I have a new 2013 ES350 with NAV. Had a problem with mu "old" LG phone, paired but would shut off after a few minutes. Dealer said it was an old phone so I replaced it with a "new" LG Exalt. Same problem!!!

Would greatly appreciate any help.

I have a new 2013 ES350 with NAV. Had a problem with mu "old" LG phone, paired but would shut off after a few minutes. Dealer said it was an old phone so I replaced it with a "new" LG Exalt. Same problem!!!

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Are you able to reconnect your phone after it times out by pressing the Connect button in your ES?

I doubt if this is it but check the Bluetooth settings on your phone to see if there are any timeout settings. For example, my Samsung GS3 has four choices for "Visible time-out" including "Never" with the default being 2 minutes. This particular setting shouldn't matter but maybe LG phones have other Bluetooth settings that could cause a timeout.

I would think your phone would be compatible with Toyota/Lexus Bluetooth systems. By coincidence a friend can't get his LG phone to maintain a Bluetooth connection with his new Toyota Highlander for more than a few minutes - I thought it was because his LG phone is several years old but I should have him check his LG phone Bluetooth settings too.

1990LS400 (GURU member)

Thanks, the problem with the new phone was the blurtooth shutting off. The old phone was a LG150 and it did not work with the new ES technology. Not sure why as it worked with my 2010 Toyota Venza, but it didn't.

Thanks again,

MJMeade

• 1 year later...