Used Gx 470

lfranco

We presently have a 08 ES 350 with the Ultimate package and love it. However, we have 2 kids and space is limited in our car with our growing family and we were looking at a used GX470. Could anyone offer any advice, opinions and problems they have had with their GX470's? We are looking at a 2004 GX470 with 100,00 miles on it to use for less than 3,000 miles a year?

I guess what I want to know is at 100,000 miles what problems typically arise? I want to avoid having to do any major work, such as a new transmission or engine build and was hoping owners could let me know what maintenance and repairs they had to do to their cars at or after 100k miles?

• 2 weeks later...

If not already done, you'll need to do timing belt - this is due at 90K miles. Also, at around 100K miles, coolant needs to be changed and spark plugs too (listed at 120K in the manual). Lots of other non-schedule stuff comes up around this many miles as well.

We presently have a 08 ES 350 with the Ultimate package and love it. However, we have 2 kids and space is limited in our car with our growing family and we were looking at a used GX470. Could anyone offer any advice, opinions and problems they have had with their GX470's? We are looking at a 2004 GX470 with 100,00 miles on it to use for less than 3,000 miles a year?

I guess what I want to know is at 100,000 miles what problems typically arise? I want to avoid having to do any major work, such as a new transmission or engine build and was hoping owners could let me know what maintenance and repairs they had to do to their cars at or after 100k miles?

We own a '04 with a 100K on it and the only problem we've had with ours is the air ride suspension seems to loose air. It's pain!

If you have a growing family the GX might not be the best choice. There not that roomy in the back for luggage and 4 people when traveling. Other than so far we like it.