Engine Noise

So lately my car has been making this metallic vibration noise coming from the engine compartment. The sound happens only when the engine is cold. I make the sound by putting it in drive and accelerating normally. The sound only happens when the car hits about 2,000 rpm.

So lately my car has been making this metallic vibration noise coming from the engine compartment. The sound happens only when the engine is cold. I make the sound by putting it in drive and accelerating normally. The sound only happens when the car hits about 2,000 rpm.

sounds like it could be cat/converter, if it only does it when the motor is cold then it could possibly be the problem, when the cat warms up the metal inside expands and stops making the noise,also doing it at that rev limit really seems to me to be the culprit. let us know how it goes, as the cat wears a bit more it will probably make the noise more often and at different revs.

cheers

fergi