Another Trans Question

firstclass

hello, i have a 00 rx300 with a cel for shift selonoid d electrical malfunction. every once and a wile it doesnt go into overdrive, if i hit the button off then back on it will then switch. i was advised that it most likly will be the computer. i found a ecu in a junk yard for 150 but i was just informed the keys have to match the computer. i thought it would be a easy swap to try but if the keys dont match does that mean i have to get new keys mad. any advice will be great. i would call the dealer but the closest one is over 100 miles away and not a very helpfull sorce. thanks again

hello, i have a 00 rx300 with a cel for shift selonoid d electrical malfunction. every once and a wile it doesnt go into overdrive, if i hit the button off then back on it will then switch. i was advised that it most likly will be the computer. i found a ecu in a junk yard for 150 but i was just informed the keys have to match the computer. i thought it would be a easy swap to try but if the keys dont match does that mean i have to get new keys mad. any advice will be great. i would call the dealer but the closest one is over 100 miles away and not a very helpfull sorce. thanks again

In my case I did not need new key but I did have to have my computer synced with the existing keys and VIN# … whatever else. Mine was done by a roving reprogramming/hacker genius with all the necessary computer equipment not only for the Lexus but a dozen other cars.

Officially, the key chip/code needs to match the VIN and the computer…I think

Regards, PK

ok the other problem i have is this car is a ny re-vin and i dont have original vin #

What is a Re Vin? I hate to be like this but the first thing that comes to my mind NY re-vin...HOT! Sorry... :blushing:

no your right, it was a hot car that was recovered, i think someone did a vin swap on it. it has a salvage title, as a theft recovery. so ny state put a new vin number and re titled the car.

Wow...learn something new every day...

With out the correct VIN? I am not sure what options you would have other than Expensive options? aka...dealer.