Lower Control Arm Bushings

the ball joints? that procedure takes about 30 minutes a side. take off your tire and take off the two bolts to the left and the main bolt for the ball join. its really easy, not worth the 1080 the shop is saying. go online as well, many videos on how to do it

man you must be clairvoyant! my post was asking about the lower control arm bushings, but the shop also recommended replacing the ball joints at an estimated cost of $400. based on your reply, i might go ahead and do the ball joints myself. any thoughts about the lower control arm bushings? that sounds more complicated to me...

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

Found out the best way to line up Lower control arm and bolts is to first put Bushing on spindle or long bolt from body next "take off tie rod" this will give you flexibility to line up bolts on caster arm it took me two hours of trying to line up bolts to figure this one out! After I took off tie rod it then took 3 minutes to install bolts! (Slap in far - head:).

• 2 weeks later...

Your best bet is to just replace the whole arm. I personally took mine apart and installed high performance daizen bushings & you have to press out old bushings. Reason why I say replace, it's cheaper & less time consuming. Also I found out the later models 01 & up have beefier bushings & don't wear out as fast.