05 Ls430 Cpo

debtman

any comments on prices for 05 LS430 CPO with 45k miles - or any others you may find? $29,000 is the one I am looking at - I value it at $27,700 based on book and avg auction price. Why will Lexus dealers not deal and look the real value - not what they want to get out of the car?? WE are in a down economy...or is it just at my house??

It's a game. Supply and demand. The main thing is not to fall in love with a car even though you may really like it. Let them stew on it for a while then start negotiations. And start low. They say 29k, you think 27k. Offer low 20's as a start. Play hardball in negotiations and be prepared to walk. You can always fight another day. The economy IS tough and they will most likely deal lower than you think. You would probably fall over if you knew how little they actually gave for the car.

They'll deal. You have to get in the game though. A conversation isn't an offer. Get them to write up your offer and stroke them a check for the deposit to show you're serious. The sales manager approves the deal not the rep. Then stand your ground and be rational.

They'll deal. You have to get in the game though. A conversation isn't an offer. Get them to write up your offer and stroke them a check for the deposit to show you're serious. The sales manager approves the deal not the rep. Then stand your ground and be rational.

working with $26,350 right now....they are considering it - thanks